Fuji More new Fuji CSC rumors (drool, drool, drool)

It's only because I'm on flames myself, lol. "I've got a fever, and the only prescription, is more {Fuji CSC leaks}"

As appealing as this camera sounds (with it´s small fast primes) I think it will cost a fortune...otherwise who would buy the X100 over this camera? (which is already an expensive camera as it is when compared to it´s peers).
It´s really a shame because I think this could be the first real alternative to the quality the NEX sensors have to offer. I absolutely LOVE my NEX5, but I´m on a constant struggle to move to different systems on account of the NEX lenses. If Sony would come up with some nice, fast and affordable pancake primes there would be no competition against them.

Am I the only one who likes the idea of the X-S1? I would consider it to replace my mu43 kit. I know it might be a small step back in overall IQ and inderstand the DOF control will also take a hit. But having a camera that would cover ALL focal lengths would be nice.....and cure the Lens Aquisition Syndrome.

Perhaps some X10 owners can project their experience with that sensor (same as the one in the X-S1) into how it might work in this monster ultra-zoom. Pros and cons?

Luke, I've moved your post into this "drool, drool, drool" thread for now because it seems more fitting here than on the press release thread that Bill/bilzmale, started. I am not sure if we need another thread yet, as we're still very much in the rumor, gathering information stages . That said, feel free to begin one, if you'd like - just make the title specific to what you're after if it is going to be about sensor size, etc.

Back to my drool corner, for now.

It is getting a bit damp over here in the drool corner.

Here's some things to consider, based on IMing some other folks:

Will it take zooms?
can it take lenses longer than 60mm (given the optical viewfinder) or shorter than 18mm?
Will it have the slower AF speed and read-outs of the X100?

Thinking about #2 above, I now can understand why some people are calling it the new Contax G2 system. Focused range of lenses (but lucky for me, right in my roundhouse!)

just trying to tamp down my excitement a bit, and remind myself that no camera is perfect, so this one has to have warts.

Anyway, I´d happy enough if the 3 primes that Fuji is also releasing can be adapted to the NEX system with no vignetting or weird distortions :)

The flange back for the Fuji lenses is reported at 17.5mm -- shorter than NEX (at 18mm), so not likely.

As appealing as this camera sounds (with it´s small fast primes) I think it will cost a fortune...otherwise who would buy the X100 over this camera? (which is already an expensive camera as it is when compared to it´s peers).
It´s really a shame because I think this could be the first real alternative to the quality the NEX sensors have to offer. I absolutely LOVE my NEX5, but I´m on a constant struggle to move to different systems on account of the NEX lenses. If Sony would come up with some nice, fast and affordable pancake primes there would be no competition against them.

It's priced in the same bracket as a EP3 with Panasonic/Summilux 25mm and external EVF. But offers a much better sensor and integrated hybrid VF. Compared to NEX 7 or even NEX5N with a fast 50mm equivalent, it looks definitely attractively priced.

Seems to have all the things I like about the X100, with the addition of more resolution and more focal lengths. I think the D7000, Nikkors and high-end tripod+ballhead are going to go.

If the AF performance has been improved then it's a done deal (although I can live with the X100 speed).

I would love a 12mm, if it's on the roadmap.

I was wrong about the wells fargo site: I wrote them asking if the link was their stuff, and here is the answer:
Thank you for contacting Access Online. The link you provided is a legitimate website.
So, the mworld.com sub-site is ok, sorry.

Will it take zooms?
can it take lenses longer than 60mm (given the optical viewfinder) or shorter than 18mm?

If I were you, I wouldn't worry too much about that.

It's a pity that Monday's big surprise was spoiled by this French magazine (the article even states a few false facts), especially since today was Fuji's big day to announce more than a dozen other new camera models. Like the HS30EXR.

My oh my 27 to 90 mm equivalent focal range I would bet that 95% of life times shooting falls within this range. This Camera may cause me to dig into my pocket.

Ya, me too. The prime lengths are so very well chosen. If this produces files anything like the X100 it will be a lovely machine.

Back