Fuji More Scenic Photos - Fuji X100

Glyn

Regular
My recent purchase of a X100 has given me a new lease of photographic life!
Love this camera, enjoy using it.

Attached are a few recent efforts taken in a nearby rural village.

Glyn

397_Wirral_UKVictorian_Cottages.jpg

392_Wirral_UK_Victorian_Cottages.jpg

389_Wirral_UK_Pub.jpg

383_Wirral_UK_Village.jpg

380_ThorntonH_Enh_resized.jpg

Thanks Andy & Ghosthunter,
As an aging amateur photographer, I guess I was getting a little jaded. I love photography but was starting to get lazy, thinking 'been there, done that'. Then I read about the X100, saw the photos people on this forum were taking with it, result - enthusiasm rekindled!

Glyn

Yep, I agree with everyone! It is the kind of camera that is like what you USED to have and remember with fondness. I have recently purchased another one after stupidly selling mine and it's just like being in a different world :)

Yep, I agree with everyone! It is the kind of camera that is like what you USED to have and remember with fondness. I have recently purchased another one after stupidly selling mine and it's just like being in a different world :)

Good for you, thekeddi. I agree, there is more than element of retro about the X100. However, it's also a fantastic camera in its own right. Before buying, I looked at the many rave reviews by professionals & amateurs. I looked at fantastic shots even at F2 and/or 1600+ iso. I knew I had to have this camera. My first series of test photos were a mess, mainly focussing & exposure issues. My fault! I should have read the instructions & users advice first. Now focussing & exposure is no longer a problem. I've only had the X100 for about 3 weeks so still on a learning curve, reading up on experienced users tips etc (thanks guys, male & female :) ). But this camera has so much to give, the learning curve is fun.
Glyn

PS. Because it was a recent purchase, many of the annoying early hardware problems had been corrected.

Nice set of images Glyn, I feel exactly the same way about my X100 and it is an easy to carry dream to use camera.

The images look very much like houses in Cheshire where I used to live, where are they?

Thanks for sharing,
Ian

Nice set of images Glyn, I feel exactly the same way about my X100 and it is an easy to carry dream to use camera.

The images look very much like houses in Cheshire where I used to live, where are they?

Thanks for sharing,
Ian
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Ian & Pelao. Photos were taken at Thornton Hough, The Wirral.

Good for you for enjoying your camera, Glyn. Often people get tired of their cameras and go on the search for a new one. I still love my X100, too.

I'm looking forward to using my own for many more scenic shots than I have in a long time. That's a lovely village!

Thanks to all who have looked through my photos & a special thanks to those who posted responses. I've taken many hundreds of of photos ranging from 2.25 in square & 35 mm film to digital but haven't previously submitted any for internet posting etc. Acquiring an X100 & simultaneously coming across the SC forums where many varied, excellent photos were posted, I decided to 'have a go'.

Glyn

Glyn - I really like the entranceway to the pub the best ---I find the contrast between the vibrant colors of the flower baskets and the brick on the road and stone in the entranceway to be very pleasing.

Back