Fuji .....more surfers with 100-400mm+1.4....

Bernie Gibson

Regular
Name
Bernie Gibson
Newcastle Surfers1.jpg
.....using the XE-1 and 100-400mm lens

Hello Bernie your shots have been nice to look at. Im wondering about the length and weight of the 100-400 when using it on the E-1. Did you have any problems when you started using the combination? I have the E-2 and Ive never used a large lens with it thinking it wouldn't be comfortable. I do not have the 100-400 lens though.

Hi Mike......The 100-400mm is a beast hard to hold and has a fair bit of weight, will take some practise to get use to.......I use mine on a tripod or mono pod with a gimbal head, depends what I am shooting.....The Fuji 50-140mm lens is almost the same size and weight, if you have not used long lens before, I would start wit the Fuji 55-200mm, nice piece of kit and sharper than the 230mm......The XE2, like the XE1, is a tad slower to use, I am also shooting with X-T20 with this lens, may be heavy but fun to use, find the X-T20 a faster camera to use with burst mode, or continuous slow and fast, have only used this setup on my mono pod with gimbal head.....

Thanks Bernie I do have the 55-200 but haven't used it on the the E-2. I haven't had the E-2 that long, just shooting with primes but my curiosity is up so I will try it.

Back