mu-43 refugees

Apollo T.

Top Veteran
WELCOME, TO OUR NEW HOME

As subscriber here for seveeral years ”… our new home” is easy to say. In the case of CAMERADERIE it’s true. Lots of new members from that other place. A large part of the motivation to come here is what I call “The big steal”. For me, I will be here almost exclusively with very limited visits to that cesspool.
I just posted the item below over there. I have no idea if it can/will serve any actual benefit. OTOH it may have some weight to it. It’s n the “Is there any way to delete…” thread.

Ηοpe you enjoy Cameraderie.org as I have!

@VSAdmin ,
as you have noted we retain ownership of the content we post here. As owner of such copyright(s) I refuse to grant VerticalSpace or affiliates, ANY permission, right or license to use any of ‘the sweat of my brow’ other than in the following way:
Display, on this website only, of my photos and text messages. Any other use shall be considered an informed, willful, malicious theft of property.
This was the intent of the original post(s). Your unilateral decision to commercialize-without compensation to the creator- is in complete violation of that spirit and expectation created before your appearance here.
Your new terms of service need to be negotiated and agreed to, by an act or approval.
Continued use or display of any of my works shall constitute agreement to these terms.

He's a fantastic human, and we actually have him to thank for the early days of this site as well if I'm not mistaken.
If by early days you mean the first 75% of this site's existence to date, then you are indeed not mistaken ;)

And yes he's a fantastic guy. I don't know if he, in trying to sell all his remaining sites at once, chose a sub-optimal successor / purchaser, or if the concerns are not fully founded; what little I saw of the earliest responses by the new ownership of mu-43 sounded mostly reasonable to me but I might've missed things and regardless, that's a discussion best left to those forums concerned. I'm sure Amin had the best in mind for the sites and the communities, and I am hopeful that they will continue to flourish.

@Roboticspro thanks for taking the time to reply. I plan to post NO photos there- not even the poorest quality- and almost no comments. Consider me almost 100% Cameraderie, for now.
BTW. FM(?)

@RichardC
Thanks for your comments. Of course they understand numbers! That’s what this is all about. They have bought a library of 10,000s of high grade photos at a low price. They now want to usurp our commercial property rights by simply declaring they can...without compensating us!!
someone suggested that declaration such as mine, while seemingly toothless MAY have some future value. Also, request that they delete all your photos (and comments) from all their sites.
as always I look forward to further conversations with you

Apollo T

@Roboticspro thanks for taking the time to reply. I plan to post NO photos there- not even the poorest quality- and almost no comments. Consider me almost 100% Cameraderie, for now.
BTW. FM(?)

@RichardC
Thanks for your comments. Of course they understand numbers! That’s what this is all about. They have bought a library of 10,000s of high grade photos at a low price. They now want to usurp our commercial property rights by simply declaring they can...without compensating us!!
someone suggested that declaration such as mine, while seemingly toothless MAY have some future value. Also, request that they delete all your photos (and comments) from all their sites.

Apollo T
FM = Fred Miranda.com website for Pro's and enthusiasts alike. Can be a bit "cliquey" at times, but nowhere as bad as DPR (Digital Photography Review); too many pissing matches...

Cliquey is a little mild for FM. They don’t like to interact with anyone outside of the regulars. At least that’s what it seems like to me.
I found that behaviour at an Australian site also. Moderators attacking ordinary members, no questions allowed. I am no longer a member there.

I'm an admin on another unrelated forum. No way would I use that position to laud it over another member.

BTW. FM(?)

@RichardC

Apollo T

I don't class VS as an image marketing company. However, that's not the point.

The point is that they are attempting to retrospectively take full ownership of ordinary people's IP. That's not fair. All they had to do was say sorry and row back on the terms, but they clearly do not see the need.

Applying the logic that it's not been needed in the past, I have a feeling that there isn't a switch that they can pull to instantly remove members' images. Even if there is, maybe a script of some sort, it's probably a PITA and a disruption to their normal business for them to do so :)

The following post was in response to a question about finding and deleting all one’s posts.

I have tried repeatedly to copy and paste a VSAdmin response delete a member’s content. It’s the one where Kyle suggested sending an email. I have no idea why it’s posted the wrong link several times. It seems to be the right one while I was on the other site, but the item is attached here.
I’ll be doing mine soon.

Have you done this?
Comments on your experience, PLEASE.

Thanks

Last edited:
As far as I know author's rights on things we're far from the losers' side.
Under Amin we as posters kept the rights of our photos. They didn't go over to Amin.
The new owner can change these regulations, he's free to do so.
But - and this is the important juridicial point - the new regulations are only valid from the day of change.
They do *not* and *never* apply to any content that was posted before under different regulations.
So if you discovered one of your photos used anywhere without your consent and without any fees you should win any lawsuit, as these photos were used without your consent.

Why not start a counter-attack and use something similar to what we used with facebook (as long as we were still in it) to show clearly our (legal) position.
legal contradiction.jpg

Let's flood the new owners with something alike !

@Apollo T. Hover over the share symbol at the top right of any post, and when the dialog box appears, click on the copy link icon, bottom left.

@RichardC
That is what has been appearing in my post!!! I have deleted it and tried repeadtedly tried to get the right quote to attach—but it doesn’t! Basically, I was trying to copy and paste a different item.
The item I was trying to copy and paste is one In which Kyle, aka VSAdmin, says it’s easier to request, by email, deletion of your posts.
Also, I just posted on the other site a suggestion/reminder to cancel your auto renew.
I’ll be cross posting that reminder as soon as I can figure out where to post it.

Back