mu-43 refugees

BEWARE !!!
I was just notified that Lord Sh*ts of the other site had auto-renewed my membership; this despite my having notified VSadmin to remove me from their list(s). This was posted Jan. 17.
If you too want to remove your ‘support’ of those “Oh such nice people” act now lest you forget. BTW, I think they have upped the fee from $10 to $20. I only went into the site to notify them that I want return of the money they took despite being notified to cancel my paid membeership.

REMEMBER: take care of this now as you may forget. This has reminded me to review my other auto-renew subscriptions, too.

This has reminded me to review my other auto-renew subscriptions, too.
It's good advice for anybody who uses PayPal to check their recurring payments on a regular basis. 👍 It's way too easy for a vendor to mark a payment as recurring instead of onetime.

https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/autopay/

Reminder: Any "Cameraderie" PayPal transactions will be either listed with my personal 'kevin.... @gmail' email address or the newer subscriptions@cameraderie.org email address.

It's good advice for anybody who uses PayPal to check their recurring payments on a regular basis. 👍 It's way too easy for a vendor to mark a payment as recurring instead of onetime.

https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/autopay/

Reminder: Any "Cameraderie" PayPal transactions will be either listed with my personal 'kevin.... @gmail' email address or the newer subscriptions@cameraderie.org email address.
Thanks for the reminder to check and for the link, I had several recurring payments for stuff that I no longer use, now I have stopped them. (Not that they seem to have taken any money since I stopped using them, but it is good to be sure.)

@Kevin the logo for payments for subscription here is just that a logo with no text, so I had a hard time figuring out what it was.
1648572329973.png

Could you please add some text so it is easier to identify?

BEWARE !!!
I was just notified that Lord Sh*ts of the other site had auto-renewed my membership; this despite my having notified VSadmin to remove me from their list(s). This was posted Jan. 17.
If you too want to remove your ‘support’ of those “Oh such nice people” act now lest you forget. BTW, I think they have upped the fee from $10 to $20. I only went into the site to notify them that I want return of the money they took despite being notified to cancel my paid membeership.

REMEMBER: take care of this now as you may forget. This has reminded me to review my other auto-renew subscriptions, too.
Pretty weird. My subscription was in Amin's wife's name, wasn't everyone's? I don't know how the Lord Sh*ts could renew a membership in someone else's name?

I received a cancellation from PayPal shortly after the coup and then I took it out of my PayPal.

@Brownie
I have no idea how any of this works. I don’t do ebay; I don’t do Paypal. That’s why I didn’t join for several years. Last year there seemed to be a way to join using my regular credit card. So I jumped at the chance—especially since I had asked Amin to create a multi-year membership.
At any rate, I got the auto-renewal notice last night. I contacted them using their “contact us” button, but I can’t find any trace of a msg going to them. I’ll give them a few days to reply before lodging a complaint and stop payment with my CC.

@Brownie
I have no idea how any of this works. I don’t do ebay; I don’t do Paypal. That’s why I didn’t join for several years. Last year there seemed to be a way to join using my regular credit card. So I jumped at the chance—especially since I had asked Amin to create a multi-year membership.
At any rate, I got the auto-renewal notice last night. I contacted them using their “contact us” button, but I can’t find any trace of a msg going to them. I’ll give them a few days to reply before lodging a complaint and stop payment with my CC.
I'm sorry for your troubles. I hope you can get it resolved. I sent a message to the Borg Cube today via one of their other assimilated forums requesting them to remove all my images. We'll see if they ever respond.

Correction:
when I started this thread I said the evil tech had upped the annual rate from $10 to 20. That seems to be inaccurate. The renewal rate I was charged was $10. I THINK $20 is the non-auto renew rate. Sorry if I have misled anyone.
Apollo T.

Correction:
when I started this thread I said the evil tech had upped the annual rate from $10 to 20. That seems to be inaccurate. The renewal rate I was charged was $10. I THINK $20 is the non-auto renew rate. Sorry if I have misled anyone.
Apollo T.
No, that sounds wrong. I think it did go up to $20. Something glitched, If I were you I'd stop payment immediately and clear it from Paypal.

That site is now telling me "Looks like you've hit a roadblock! Unfortunately this site does not exist anymore."

Did enough people protest their T&Cs that they've just shut it down or is it just broken?

No, that sounds wrong. I think it did go up to $20. Something glitched, If I were you I'd stop payment immediately and clear it from Paypal.
Credit card statement showed a $10 charge for renewal and a $10 credit. They failed ack/notify me of their actions. So I’m straight with them.
STILL want to remind folks to check all auto-renew accts. Cancel those you don’t want NOW.

Back