Museum of Broadcasting ~ Minnesota

unstable_rider

Regular
Name
Paul
I had driven past this place for a few years in a nearby suburb of Minneapolis, never knowing what treasures were within the rather plain looking building.

bldg__zpsos2zwhbm.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

From the parking lot, this place looks like a small office building from the 1970's.

But somehow, I think through the use of MIRRORS and controlled substances pumped through the HVAC system, once you enter into this magical place it seems to become...

the virtual MALL OF AMERICA of BROADCASTING.

mike_zpsje7g5wie.png

The place is neat as a pin and they have an unreal collection of "stuff".

I went in with just the infamous 16mm 1.4 on my prized XE-1. The 16mm Fuji lens has a way of "relating" that is hard to put into words. It thrives in conditions of available light indoors/hand-held.

If you have any technical interests, then this place will amaze you.
Phase plasma delimiters, ray guns, anti-gravity proximity grenades, yeah... they got it all!

broad2_zpsecb0bvvk.jpg

broad3_zpsghmi2prh.jpg

If you are into old radios, broadcast or HAM communication or early lectronics, this place will make your head spin.

Everything is very tastefully displayed. I was fortunate to get the virtual "private tour" today, as NO ONE ELSE WAS THERE. I had it all to myself.

I enjoyed finding old video production camera gear to marvel at.

untitlffed_zpsd0u3jydh.png

coolcam_zpsqttvgldy.png

Do you guys remember walking into hardware or drug stores in the 1960's and seeing these "self - service" tube testers? (this one also diagnosed vibrators...)

vibe_zpspwwq0nme.png

Yeah, it's a toaster, right?

toaster_zpsjeckz2n4.png

This guy just freaked me out. I never liked DOLLS!

(or clowns)... I will be checking under the bed tonight with a pistol and a flashlight.

howdy_zpsptmo8h5j.png

A sweet old bike. It has a radio mounted on it!

bike1_zpsqktmnmrs.png

radio_bike_zpsffljxhik.png

Cool vintage clock radio collection. Grew up with these myself.
One speaker and just AM!

clockiradio_zpsyoxlcqqt.png

I will close here with this image of a big radio tube thing and a picture of some people from local CBS television.

bottled_zps0nna272j.png

Thanks for looking!

~ Paul

Back