Mushrooms and trees - an afternoon in the forest

20101023_144010.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Canon PowerShot G12, 15.673 @ f/5.6, 1/8, ISO 80

20101023_152518.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Canon PowerShot G12, 6.79 @ f/5.6, 1/10, ISO 200

I agree with Deirdre about the Hobbit home.

Christian, thank you so much for taking me along on your walks, "virtually"! I'm really enjoying the chance to experience the fall, vicariously. (y)

Christian, I didn't have time to write much of anything yesterday when I saw your latest picture. I like the way you got down or turned that LCD to focus on that one Maple leaf, and allowed us to have the view towards the pathway. You're very fortunate to have such wonderful opportunities to walk in the woods - and make the time to do it!

Not quite sure whether this pic should be included in this thread?

The drops of water on the berries was I must admit more by accident: than design I didn't notice them until 'developing' shows how much I notice whats in my viewfinder(LCD) and why the heck do my pictures come up as thumbnails:eek:

Attachments

• PB010151.JPG
    PB010151.JPG
    270.7 KB · Views: 167
Pennyann, those subliminal (on your part;) ) water droplets really add to the beauty of these dark berries, playing off against those lovely red leaves.

(The thumbnail issue has to do with how you're attaching your photograph. Right now the best thing I can do is refer you to this part this: https://www.photographerslounge.org/f17/how-post-images-forum-threads-45/ I'd suggest posting any questions here: https://www.photographerslounge.org/f19/inserting-image-s-thread-102/ because if the directions don't help, you may need more hands on help and it will be much easier for us to answer there than within a thread like this where your questions may get lost, etc.)

Here is an embedded version of your photo that I took from your Flickr stream by following the directions on embedding. I chose the larger "medium" 640 x 480 size:

5135200279_006cb3d7bc_z.jpg

Suddenly holding a Ricoh GRDIII in my hands I put it last fall into my pocket and walked with the dog. Near the way some little mushrooms had been the test subjects for my first near-macro shot with the little black box from Ricoh. I was really impressed when I printd it on Museo Silver Rag by my Epson 2400.

Attachments

• pilz1 (1 von 1).jpg
    pilz1 (1 von 1).jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 156
View attachment 30975
LX5 / hand held, macro focus - aperture priority f.8. - inverted flash - minimum crop, no enhancements.

Whilst taking this (and others) an 'old git' like myself got to thinking, whilst kneeling on a damp forest floor, and getting down low to frame the shot. with a twinging back... :( "theres got to be a better way than this" .... ;)

So I went on-line... have any of our members used one of these mirrored backs???.... from Flipbac... are they any good for low shot work???

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Turn your volume down cos the music is somewhat 'Cheesy' to say the least... :eek:

Thank you Christiand and Mal - you two bring me virtually to my knees with your pictures. Of course, I'm slightly teasing with the term "virtual" but I do mean it. Mal, your "old git" made me chuckle. I don't consider myself an old git quite yet. You know the 50s are the new 30s, or is it the 60s that are? I injured my knee this spring and tend not to want to bend down to kneel on the ground or anything else. I enjoy seeing that which I so often overlook - many thanks!

Mal, that mirrored back is kind of unusual. And can you explain what an "inverted flash" means? Remember, I'm from the colonies as Bill likes to refer to us here in the new world...;)

BBW...

the term 'inverted' simply means that the camera was held upside-down so that the flash was touching the ground in order to flash upwards and capture the highlights from a very low angle...

Aha, I never would have guessed. I do know what to invert means, but would not have thought of holding my camera upside down. It worked beautifully for you, Mal. The point of view and lighting are just great - it reminds me of an illustration from a storybook - which I mean as a compliment, just to be clear.

Will, I like the lichen! And that field of buttercups spreading out forever - thank goodness for your iPhone!

Back