Mushrooms with the Leica T/18-56.

D

dalethorn

Mushrooms are not easy for me to photograph. Whether it's the gloomy sky they love (blank white here, replaced by blue) or the extreme highlights in brighter light that are hard to control in ad-hoc handheld shooting, getting good contrast and detail isn't easy. f7.2, 1/200, ISO 100.

Mushroom08_s.jpg

I thought from the thread title this was going to be a recipe!

Now there's a thought. While we're stirring the mushroom soup, we could watch that 45 minute video of the guy polishing the Leica T frame. I watched nearly 20 minutes of it, so I think that qualifies me for loyal Leica ******.

Oops - word that begins with fan....

Could I just ask how you process those T images before posting here?

I shoot JPEG only, and do whatever minimal PP I do with Paint Shop Pro v6 (edition ~1998). Since PSP is fairly primitive, I don't have "healing" and replacement tools like Photoshop, and I never bought any plugins. But PSP does have good layer processing and a few other things, so it's enough to spiff up an image that's decent to begin with. Not good enough for most images shot in bad lighting. I have copies of Lightroom that came with several Leica cameras, but I have a pretty good sense of what Adobe is all about, and I'm not going there under any circumstances. Unless I get sponsorship to open a gallery, which is very unlikely.

Edit: I forgot to mention, what I post are examples of what I think the 'T' can do under average conditions. On my dalethorn website, I have collections from 15 or 20 different cameras, by camera type. It's a primitive website, so runs on anything with no hassle.

Back