Performing Arts Musicians on stage

I seriously miss shooting bands playing
DSCF1388-L.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Some old ones from my archive, in fact my only photos of musicians. Not great but it was a humble Fuji F70EXR, and a boisterous audience. The concert was the Decemberists in March 2011.
DSCF1168.jpg
DSCF1169.jpg
DSCF1170.jpg

So, these are pretty low quality shots I took before a concert with my iphone. I was in Carnegie Hall and the rules clearly say no photography allowed, but before the concert I guess that the Hall suspended the rule as there were lots of parents taking pictures of their kids. I only had my iphone. This was a lifetime moment for me and my wife. The girl in the front row, 3rd from the left is our daughter Ivy. She was 3rd chair out of 12 clarinetists selected from around the US and some other countries. All of these kids were high schoolers that applied to this program and got to perform in Carnegie Hall this last February.

IMG_0171-X3.jpg

So, these are pretty low quality shots I took before a concert with my iphone. I was in Carnegie Hall and the rules clearly say no photography allowed, but before the concert I guess that the Hall suspended the rule as there were lots of parents taking pictures of their kids. I only had my iphone. This was a lifetime moment for me and my wife. The girl in the front row, 3rd from the left is our daughter Ivy. She was 3rd chair out of 12 clarinetists selected from around the US and some other countries. All of these kids were high schoolers that applied to this program and got to perform in Carnegie Hall this last February.

View attachment 302801
Congratulations to your talented daughter, I wish her a big career.

Back