Performing Arts Musicians on stage

Paimpol festival 2017 - Malicorne - Gilles Chabenat : vielle a roue (hurdy gurdy) player

Web 1500_FUJX0531 Festival Chant de Marin de Paimpol Stivell.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I once jammed with Buddy on that very stage...great shot!
Are you someone whose name we might know? I mean you do not have to say anything if you wish obviously and I will never bug you about it whether you do or not. I debated about even asking the question. I do not think just anybody gets to jam with Buddy Guy, so I am quite curious about your story. That is all.

Are you someone whose name we might know? I mean you do not have to say anything if you wish obviously and I will never bug you about it whether you do or not. I debated about even asking the question. I do not think just anybody gets to jam with Buddy Guy, so I am quite curious about your story. That is all.
Oh, definitely not! But back in the early 90s I was in a legit blues band in Sacramento that hosted jams, and I was also doing a lot of traveling for work. I started bringing my guitar with me on trips and finding places to jam. I played at a jazz club in Atlanta, a rock club in Long Island, even a blues club in New Orleans (and lived!). Naturally when I went to Chicago, Buddy's was the only place for me, and it just turned out that the man himself was there that night. And I'm guessing he jammed with anyone who was brave enough to go on his stage at the time.

(I will note that Buddy jammed with Jimi, so I guess that gives me 2 degrees of separation!)

Back