Fuji My 1st images from the Fuji F550 EXR

Name
Andy
Ok I have taken a few test shots and although it's not a patch on the G series Panasonics it's still a pretty good camera. It's easy to use, menu's are simple and the images are of a good quality. This camera I got from work as i look after the fuji section in the store.

These images are the only ones interesting enough for show. Both processed in Lightroom 3 and Silver Efex Pro.

1:
View attachment 38775
Fuji F550 Test shot. by andywest1, on Flickr

2:
View attachment 38776

3:
View attachment 38777

Andy, I could not work there, i would spend all my cash on cameras.
Like I do on phones ;)
But you inspire me to get my F200EXR out again.

We just picked up a Fuji F550 sorta' as a family "point n' shoot" camera. Got a good price. Apparently no one was buying the GPS version and we got it on Amazon for less than the F500. An interesting little camera that, at least so far, appears to be pretty capable however not very forgiving in the exposure and focus areas. EXR mode is somewhat strange when it tries to out think you. Still, pretty nice for the money. Tain't an X100 but doesn't pretend to be either. ;)
ISO 200 f4.7 1/80, RAW, shot in "P" mode. Processed in LR.
View attachment 41219
. . . Burkey

Getting the f550 cheaper than the f500 is a great deal. I have been playing with mine today and to be fair it's not a bad little camera. As you say the focus and exposure are not very forgiving but the end results are OK. The EXR feature is set manually within the menu and i can't see much difference between any of the settings! The 'HR' resolution priority does seem to give slightly better image quality/detail/sharpness but not much. It's still miles behind the XZ-1 and G3 but at least mine was free! OK it's not mine but it belongs to the camera shop where i work!!

I have found it OK for throwing in the bag, its lightweight and has been good, but after using the GRD3 and X100 though, I am now finding it lacking in many ways. Perhaps just a future rationalisation for buying something else.

A couple from the weekend, the local council want to have removed some beautiful old Moreton Bay Figs which are a feature of a certain area of town, and which council now claim are unsafe. Of course, it wouldnt have a lot to do with the fact that some councillors want to get rid of a park in the same area and put a parking station in, instead. (NOT) so there have been lots of rallies, and on Saturday, something called the Big Fig Gig. The crowd was quite small, sadly, I think the town has become complacent.

1) An impassioned plea
pleai.jpg

2) Watchers
watchers.jpg

3) What they want to get rid of
parkd.jpg

I just took my HS20EXR, which uses the very same sensor and offers very similar features, out on a two week tour through several southern US states and arrived back home in Germany today. If there's any interest, I could file an extensive report with plenty of examples in the travel image section. All in all, I was quite pleased with the performance of the camera. I use my all my EXR cameras with M resolution (so they sensor can work its "magic") and I found that best results with the HS20 will be achieved be setting noise reduction to "low".

Back