My camera gear rationalization strategy is under way (again!).

bilzmale

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill Shinnick
About 3 or 4 years ago I decided to get out of mirrorless and just use fixed lens cameras. I settled on a Sony RX10 III for versatility and a Fuji X100T for its style. This was driven largely by my developing Parkinson's Disease and the resulting clumsiness - a sound decision.

In the last 18 months I've fallen off the wagon and have added 5 MFT bodies and 5 lenses (all second hand and reasonably good deals).
I am selling it all - EM-1 + grip, Gx7, GF1 Infrared, EPL-2, G10 and 14-150, 14-42, 20mm, 30mm, 60mm and 100-300.
I'm undecided about the X100T but have picked up a Lumix LX100 and it can in function if not style, replace the Fuji. The RX10 stays.

I will not list the gear here on the forum as I'm in Australia but if you have a particular interest in anything you could PM me and we'll see what can be worked out.

Your reactions are welcomed.

One last comment:- The depleted dopamine levels from PD strip the ability to enjoy things in general and this includes photography so I don't think I'll miss the barely used gear.

Sorry to hear about your health difficulties.

As to your question, my only comments:
  • The LX100 does have IS, the X100T doesn't.
  • Which feels more comfortable in you hand and that you can hold securely?
  • The size (diameter) of the dials on the top seem pretty close in size, but the aperture ring on the LX100 may be easier to turn.

Back