Leica My daughter, Dana

Raid

All-Pro
50Tess.jpg
50Tess.jpg

She is getting older, but she stayed loyal to being my model.

Attachments

• 50Tess-2.jpg
    50Tess-2.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 59
Raid: From your pictures of her over the years, I have gotten the impression that she is both very smart and very sensitive. The third shot especially conveys this. That combination can make life difficult sometimes, but it is a true gift.

Peter: She has been getting stronger from inside each year, year after year. Recently, one of her teachers did not give her a fair evaluation of her submitted work, and she asked me to meet with the principal, even if it meant that she had to face her teacher there. We did. She has no regret about it. Just the opposite. This is also shown in her competitive sports performances at her school. She wants to win.

Peter: She has been getting stronger from inside each year, year after year. Recently, one of her teachers did not give her a fair evaluation of her submitted work, and she asked me to meet with the principal, even if it meant that she had to face her teacher there. We did. She has no regret about it. Just the opposite. This is also shown in her competitive sports performances at her school. She wants to win.

I had a Vince Lombardi poster on my desk for a few years, and Vince was often criticized for being over-the-top on the subject of winning. But he said something that stuck with me -- "Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing." So he meant that it's easy to get stuck in a rut, and it takes courage and effort to get on the winning side.

I remind my daughters of their parents's origin and relatives. We are mostly high achievers (surgeons, professors, principals, teachers, engineers, lawyers, leaders, ...). They are learning, and they are proud kids.

Lina is a slow bloomer, Brian. She used to get low grades because she was not interested. Now, she has only A's. She is still not very interested!

Back