Film My first rangefinder!

Have fun and post pics!

Believe it or not I acquired a broken Electro on the cheap a couple of months ago to remove the lens and adapt for digital!

I wouldn't have tried it myself, but there are a few links out there-
Color-Yashinon DX 45mm F1.7 (M4/3) - a set on Flickr
Yashica GSN Butchery - Micro Four Thirds User Forum
Yahisca Electro 35 lens on NEX: ericdfw: Galleries: Digital Photography Review

I've gotten to the point where the lens is removed and aperture blades have been disabled. But I haven't mounted it on an adapter yet. I did try hand-holding in front of a camera. The lens seems really sharp at f/2.8 on! But I was more curious how the lens renders on digital, we'll see. I can't test that until I really mount the lens and do some real shooting.

Have fun and post pics!

Believe it or not I acquired a broken Electro on the cheap a couple of months ago to remove the lens and adapt for digital!

I wouldn't have tried it myself, but there are a few links out there-
Color-Yashinon DX 45mm F1.7 (M4/3) - a set on Flickr
Yashica GSN Butchery - Micro Four Thirds User Forum
Yahisca Electro 35 lens on NEX: ericdfw: Galleries: Digital Photography Review

I've gotten to the point where the lens is removed and aperture blades have been disabled. But I haven't mounted it on an adapter yet. I did try hand-holding in front of a camera. The lens seems really sharp at f/2.8 on! But I was more curious how the lens renders on digital, we'll see. I can't test that until I really mount the lens and do some real shooting.

Oh wow. That lens is really good on the NEX5. Do share images once you get yours adapted for the m43

Sorry to hijack your thread, but after seeing your post, I got all nostalgic and started looking through my old blog posts for some images I shot with my Electro 35GT (sold long ago, unfortunately). Thought you might enjoy seeing them. I'm looking forward to seeing your images from the Yashica.

These were all shot on ISO400 Film with the lens wide open.
View attachment 56347
View attachment 56348
View attachment 56349

Still kicking myself for selling that camera...

Back