Fuji My full review of the Fuji 55-200 is up

Great review! I agree with all your sentiments about this wonderful albeit very big lens. Big enough that I was refused entry to a concert I just went to. :p I don't have big hands yet still find it comfortable to lug this thing around the zoo for an entire day attached to my X-E1.

Nice review, fits with my experience with the lens as well. My only real complaints are the fairly stiff focus and I have a habit of bumping the aperture ring in shooting. Not sure if that's just me but I have accidentally bumped the aperture to f8-f11 more than once when I needed it to be wide open for light gathering.

Jordan, just curious but did you get a chance to try the AF both pre and post firmware upgrade? The July fw update seems to have made an enormous difference for me. It's still not going to set any records as you said in your review, but it's much more usable now and the optics make it worth it.

Hey Jay! I know I'm no Jordan but I did notice a difference with the lens postFW upgrade. I went back to the zoo this past weekend and was consistently able to lock focus in very poorly lit situations. I'm sure there's a difference in normal lighting as well except I honestly did not pick up on it.

I actually received the review sample the afternoon of the firmware upgrade, but I did the upgrade on my X-E1 that morning, so all my testing was done with FW 2.0 on the X-E1.

Gotcha... I figured that might be the case since you didn't mention slow/dodgy AF. Unless my experience was unusual (sounds like Mikey ran into the same though) it'd have been hard not to notice that prior to the firmware update ;)

Back