My kit is so close.

Tim Williams

All-Pro
Name
Tim Williams
Or maybe not so much. My kit is taking shape for retirement. I sold my XT-20 (just never could love it ) and bought the 23 f2. So now I have the XT-1, 16 1.4, 23 f2, 35 f2, and 90 f2. Plus an 18-55 for good measure. I know the 18-55 covers almost 3 of these FL ( and if I buy the 50 it will cover that too )but I don't care as I love primes and the 18-55 may be the best walk around lens I've ever owned. Ok, now for the next camera and to fill the gap, the gap between 35 and 90. If I get the 56 ( but it's not WR ) I will sell the 90, get the 50 and keep the 90. An XT-2 will be the next Shooter. The 90 is a heavy sucker but it sure does blow out backgrounds. I almost never shoot wide open but I do with the 90 and it doesn't disappoint . The gap lens is the sticker.

Or maybe not so much. My kit is taking shape for retirement. I sold my XT-20 (just never could love it ) and bought the 23 f2. So now I have the XT-1, 16 1.4, 23 f2, 35 f2, and 90 f2. Plus an 18-55 for good measure. I know the 18-55 covers almost 3 of these FL ( and if I buy the 50 it will cover that too )but I don't care as I love primes and the 18-55 may be the best walk around lens I've ever owned. Ok, now for the next camera and to fill the gap, the gap between 35 and 90. If I get the 56 ( but it's not WR ) I will sell the 90, get the 50 and keep the 90. An XT-2 will be the next Shooter. The 90 is a heavy sucker but it sure does blow out backgrounds. I almost never shoot wide open but I do with the 90 and it doesn't disappoint . The gap lens is the sticker.

I have the 56/1.2 in addition to the 90/2. It does not get as much use as the 90, but it is still a great lens when called for, and it definitely blows out the backgrounds.

I have the 56/1.2 in addition to the 90/2. It does not get as much use as the 90, but it is still a great lens when called for, and it definitely blows out the backgrounds.
This is why I lean very heavily towards the 56. It may just take a little more time to build my Dream Team. I will probably never have over two of these lens on me, 3 max. Horses for courses.

This is why I lean very heavily towards the 56. It may just take a little more time to build my Dream Team. I will probably never have over two of these lens on me, 3 max. Horses for courses.

For hiking, the 18-55, and sometimes the 90, is all I need. That is, until the 16-80 f/4 comes out! I lose a bit at the wide end compared with the 16/1.4, but outdoors I can almost always compensate for that.

Although I'm not in the Fuji camp any more, I'm very pleased with my walk-around combo, a Panasonic G80 and a Panasonic-Leica 12-60mm f/2.8-4. IQ is excellent, as is the build quality, and I like the feel and balance a lot. I've spent a lot of money over the years buying and selling gear to try to find the best fit for me. As long as this gear holds up, I think I'm there. I read recently where a guy was still using his original Panasonic GH1 after 8 years, so we'll see.

Tim, you have quite and excellent kit going. Can’t go wrong with it.

@tonyturley I’m in that same boat. I think I’m finally settling in to a long term kit with the Pro2/16-55. I will get a 16-80 for my son and I to share. He has a 50-230 now. And at some point I’ll add either a 55-200 or 50-140. That will cover everything several times over.

Back