Leica My Leica Kit - Joining The "Cult"

Did some reading and there is anecdotal murmurings that SD cards larger than 32GB can cause sluggish responsiveness in the M240. Anyone else heard of such? I have a 64GB card waiting, but if it may cause issues, I can swap that out with a 16GB from another camera. Just curious.
While I generally think Tim has a point, I use a newer 128GB (SanDisk Extreme Pro, UHS-I) card without any noticeable downsides in my M 262. YMMV, though - I'm not someone you should look to for that kind of thing. I think it mostly depends on the actual card (and its backward compatibility) than anything else.

I *have* had such issues occurring with UHS-II cards (I only own two 32GB ones - also SanDisk Extreme Pro, btw., but older). They definitely bogged down my D750. I've never tried them in a Leica body though.

I still use a SanDisk Ultra I bought some 12 years ago in the M8, though - it makes sense to match those two up. 32GB, though - no issues whatsoever. I use another of those cards (16GB) in the GF1.

Long story short: I suppose it's the standard rather than the capacity that matters.

M.

Thanks @rayvonn for the explanation.

I assume that fish eye lenses don't need distance setting?
I have used a fisheye lens quite a bit on a full frame camera, I've found that it still needs to be focused. How much focusing it needs depends on how stopped down it is. Obviously the more it is stopped, the less precision focusing you need to do but I've found that I still need to adjust a a little. I seldom stop down to f/16, I'm usually at f/8 - f/11.

Your results may vary if you're using a smaller sensor, I imagine that the smaller the sensor, the less precision focusing you need to do when your fisheye is stopped down.

Attachments

• 20230310_122135.jpg
    20230310_122135.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 61
I've been using the same 32GB Sandisk Ultra in my M9 for over 12 years and it has been a trooper.

Something very helpful for digital cameras in general is to format SD cards with a program called SDFormatter. The SD Association provides this for free as a way to format the card to official SD association standards. In my experience, a card which was a bit glitchy completely cleared up after a deep format with this program. I run SDFormatter on my SD cards regularly after downloading all data. Even the quick format function works well.

Any of you all have a recommendation for a strap? I will be using it as a cross body as I don't like things hanging off my neck. I was liking the "rope" type...will probably leave the strap attached at all times, so quick release is not a requirement.

Saw something like this and I think the style is close.

I'm thinking in the summer here it gets very hot and humid, so I tend to stay away from leather. I need something that I can wipe clean and is resistant to sweat.

If not a rope type, then a wider strap, again something long enough for cross body. Thinking that 120cm should be long enough for that.

I have a couple of straps from Woodgate Camera Straps out of England - one leather, one rope. Nathan does great work - very nice materials for a reasonable price - and will allow custom requests as well.

He does offer options with Peak Design anchors, although I stayed with the standard key rings style.

I have a couple of straps from Woodgate Camera Straps out of England - one leather, one rope. Nathan does great work - very nice materials for a reasonable price - and will allow custom requests as well.

He does offer options with Peak Design anchors, although I stayed with the standard key rings style.

Those are very nice, indeed!

Any of you all have a recommendation for a strap? I will be using it as a cross body as I don't like things hanging off my neck. I was liking the "rope" type...will probably leave the strap attached at all times, so quick release is not a requirement.
Congrats. Not sure I could really use a manual AF camera, my eyes suck.

I use wrist straps that I make using paracord 425. It's lighter and thinner than the standard that most use paracord 550. It's really pretty simple and might cost $15 in materials.

Congrats. Not sure I could really use a manual AF camera, my eyes suck.

I use wrist straps that I make using paracord 425. It's lighter and thinner than the standard that most use paracord 550. It's really pretty simple and might cost $15 in materials.
Thanks. I have a black rapid wrist strap and I use it occasionally. I prefer cross body when I can.

Paracord is interesting, most times I find it a bit too rigid, but my exposure has been limited I will admit. I must also admit that I’m not “crafty” as I should be and wouldn’t have a clue on what to do with it, so in that respect I envy you.

Thanks. I have a black rapid wrist strap and I use it occasionally. I prefer cross body when I can.

Paracord is interesting, most times I find it a bit too rigid, but my exposure has been limited I will admit. I must also admit that I’m not “crafty” as I should be and wouldn’t have a clue on what to do with it, so in that respect I envy you.
PC 325 and 550 are kind of rigid, 425 is a LOT softer and more flexible. I tried 275, 325, 425, and 550. Crafty? That's my wife. Me? Youtube.

For fancy I like some of the Artisan & Artist straps, the quick adjustment looks nice. For my Nikons, I always used a basic Domke 1" strap.

Back