My Leica Q camera review

SnapDawg

Rorschach Test Pilot
Real Name
Ken
I second the thoughts on RAW, Dale, even if you don't print large. I've never owned a digital camera other than my Fuji X10 (EXR sensor - different story) that delivers better jpgs (dynamic range, tonality, details, microcontrast, ...) than what I can quickly and easily process from its RAW files. I'm not much of a perfectionist (... forbid) or pixelbator but a huge fan of blind tests (the job) and direct side-by-side comparisons. If I had your new Leica I'd definitely give it at least a try (or two). At the minimum I'd shoot jpg & RAW and store the 'negatives' in chronological order.

D

dalethorn

I second the thoughts on RAW, Dale, even if you don't print large. I've never owned a digital camera other than my Fuji X10 (EXR sensor - different story) that delivers better jpgs (dynamic range, tonality, details, microcontrast, ...) than what I can quickly and easily process from its RAW files. I'm not much of a perfectionist (... forbid) or pixelbator but a huge fan of blind tests (the job) and direct side-by-side comparisons. If I had your new Leica I'd definitely give it at least a try (or two). At the minimum I'd shoot jpg & RAW and store the 'negatives' in chronological order.

I definitely consider the options. Right now I'm months behind on other projects, so I'm borrowing from those just to do these. But this is the most fun.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom