Fuji My new friend

stillshunter

Super Moderator Emeritus
Name
Mark
...hugest thanks for all the advice and patience when I was looking for my new friend. I would not have found her without your help. Thanks one and all....

So now that the Fuji X-T2 has arrived and so I thought it fitting to start a new thread within the Fuji pool.

Day One observations:
1. the controls really are right where I need them to be.
2. battery drained fast - not sure why (was at 50% after about an hour's use). This requires further investigation.
3. I absolutely love the new ACROS...worth the upgrade to an X-T2 just for this. Now I wish my X100T had it.
NB: all the below are from ACROS jpgs, except the very last - "Dawn". Here I was seeing how RawTherapee got along with X-T2 RAF files.

All photos with the only lens I have so far the 35mm f2.

30893972530_906871367e_b.jpg
corner
by stillshunter, on Flickr

30893971480_79024060aa_b.jpg
new growth

31147021351_d1d4b56067_b.jpg
lone tree

31225491986_96a2afea31_b.jpg
cycles

30440413514_c8b641d2b4_b.jpg
dawn

Last edited:
It does look like Acros and you were made for each other. Fits your style of images wonderfully!
Thanks mate. It's a nice B+W simulation...with bonus yellow, red or green filter overlay I'm in monochromatic nirvana.

so what is ACROS anyways....a b/w recipe with lots of midtones?

I agree, they look stunning.
I'm a sucker for rich mid-tones and if ever I tweak this is where it be.

But FYI bro:
The Newest Film Simulation "ACROS"

3. I absolutely love the new ACROS...worth the upgrade to an X-T2 just for this. Now I wish my X100T had it.
NB: all the below are from ACROS jpgs, except the very last - "Dawn". Here I was seeing how RawTherapee got along with X-T2 RAF files.

I've only seen these images before on the phone, but now on a proper screen they look brilliant! Acros is one of my favorite films, but use Ilford's HP5+ more, since they are much easier to source around here and also a bit more polyvalent, for instance, for architecture.

You're causing me problems here... Acros plus Classic Chrome is really something I'd love to have so easily available. Let's google what other models have it, XT and XPro are a bit big for my liking.

You're causing me problems here... Acros plus Classic Chrome is really something I'd love to have so easily available.
I can see that these will be the two most used simulations - and I predict they will overshadow my RAW use by a significant margin. There is a certain sense of liberty to not shooting RAW. More like using fil again ;)

Let's google what other models have it, XT and XPro are a bit big for my liking.
You may have to wait for the X100F in the short-term. Think it will be a while before the XA range comes with ACROS. Not long but I predict Fuji will use this to differentiate their 'Pro" cameras in the short-term. Certainly something lacking from the Canikony offerings. ;)

Acros comes with the 24mp sensor. as that trickles down the range - the X100F will have it and I've already sold my X100T in anticipation. Classic Chrome and Acros, once set appropriately, are raw-killers.

Back