Micro 4/3 My new G2 - First pics

ajramirez

Hall of Famer
Name
Antonio
Picked up a used, but in new condition, G2 from a fellow site member this week, to complement my Oly E-P1. Had a brief opportunity to take some quick shots this morning to check it out.

So far, I believe I will like this camera quite a bit. It handles very well, the LCD is beautiful, particularly in comparison to the LCD in the E-P1, and the EVF is very nice.

The only glitches I have found so far are the fact that it does not automatically rotate vertical shots unless taken with a lens with OIS, and the sensor that turns off the LCD and turns on the EVF sometimes gets confused when you are wearing glasses (the manual warns about this).

As to image quality, the few RAW files I have processed look just as good as those from the E-P1. I do not shoot JPEGs, so I cannot comment on those.

First shots:

1000001.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

1000004.jpg

1000005.jpg

1000006.jpg

1000009.jpg

1000014.jpg

1000035.jpg

1000040.jpg

Regards,

Antonio

Looking good, Antonio! I'm glad you've posted these along with your impressions and hope you'll keep us updated on your thoughts on this camera. That's very interesting about the camera's "confusion" if one wears glasses!

Don, this very attractive young woman might be old enough to be your daughter, seeing as how you just had your big birthday, but Antonio is quite a bit younger than either of us and...this is his lovely wife.;)

Don,

Thank you very much for your words of encouragement. I am really enjoying the camera.

I'll have you know that my wife was thrilled that you thought she was my daughter. I am only 4 years older than she is, so it's all on the up-and-up. We'll be celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary next month.

BB,

Since you asked, here's a few color shots from my second day of shooting with the G2. The photos are of Puerto Rican painter Artemio Rivera, who decided to bring his canvas to Plaza Palmer in Caguas to the delight of passersby. It was a beautiful day, but the pictures were taken around noon and the light was very harsh.

These are processed from RAW using ACR and Photoshop CS4, so technically these are not the Panasonic colors.

1000062.jpg

1000072.jpg

1000076.jpg

1000080.jpg

1000090.jpg

1000093.jpg

1000096.jpg

1000099cropped.jpg

1000103.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Regards,

Antonio

Antonio

I will never forget Don's "slip" - re "your daughter" - it is a good thing that some "mods" are "on the ball"

You have a very attractive wife and those are great shots

Best wishes

Back