Fuji My take on the X100S - a short review

Thanks for the quick but good review! Even in good light, the X100 wasn't always reliable or quick. So at the very least, X100s is an improvement under good light. Good to know.

So far I'm quite happy with the little X100s. I used it as my only travel camera on a recent trip to Melbourne and it performed pretty well. AF struggled in poor light but I found manual focus somewhat usable. I haven't gotten around to updating my versions of CS4/LR from CS$ and LR3 - so I'm unable to give my verdict on the latest ACR RAW conversion. I have however been shooting RAW and using the in-camera editor to create JPEGS to my liking.

Melbournians will recognize these scenes :)

i-JhTQx9t-XL.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

F/2 1/45s ISO 6400 Film simulation Provia

i-qGtwGvv-XL.jpg

F/2 1/220s ISO 200 Film simulation Astia

i-h8J6GGp-XL.jpg

F/2 1/150s ISO 800 Astia

i-PwxHWtX-XL.jpg

F/2 1/30s ISO 500 Astia

i-htd4vpr-XL.jpg

F/5.6 1.3s ISO 200 Astia

i-pFdL5k6-XL.jpg

Double exposure blend for night scape and room interior

If you're interested in seeing more of the photos from the trip and a few words to go along with it - you can find the blog post here

The full SmugMug gallery can be found here

Hey Chris, the double exposure was done in post- I took two manual exposures in camera then used layer masks in CS4 to blend them. I'm not sure yet how the in camera double exposure would have handled that scene- something to experiment with :)

Cheers

Back