Leica My third lens?

Go easy on me, my first try. All shot wide open... :eek:

L1009123_072014.jpg

L1009099_072014.jpg

L1009098_072014.jpg

L1009114_072014.jpg

L1009126_072014.jpg

[MM | 90 Summarit]

Love those shots Dave. That Summarit is sharp and perfect for the MM. Makes me want to get a MM even though I am terrible with B&W.

There is always room for more however. The more the merrier

Four is good. I have four Leica lenses and consider myself extremely fortunate to own them. The 24/3.8 Elmar is probably the sharpest, 35/2.5 Summarit and 50/2 Summicron are both outstanding all-arounders and the 90/2.5 Summarit is a fabulous portrait lens. Yes, I'd like an 18mm or a faster 50 like the current LUX ASPH, but I really have nothing whatsoever to complaint about with my current kit.

I am done at four

:th_salute:

Love those shots Dave. That Summarit is sharp and perfect for the MM. Makes me want to get a MM even though I am terrible with B&W.

The MM makes it easy. Using colored filters in front of the lens the files are incredible right from the camera, and are so malleable that you can get pretty much whatever look you want out of them.

The MM makes it easy. Using colored filters in front of the lens the files are incredible right from the camera, and are so malleable that you can get pretty much whatever look you want out of them.

This is not really the answer I was looking for. I don't need much encouragement already as I've been drooling over the silver MM since it was announced. Seeing those pictures really makes me drool even more.

Four is good. I have four Leica lenses and consider myself extremely fortunate to own them. The 24/3.8 Elmar is probably the sharpest, 35/2.5 Summarit and 50/2 Summicron are both outstanding all-arounders and the 90/2.5 Summarit is a fabulous portrait lens. Yes, I'd like an 18mm or a faster 50 like the current LUX ASPH, but I really have nothing whatsoever to complaint about with my current kit.

Every time I said that I am done, I ended up with another one. The Leica lenses are so good, it is really addictive. In all reality, having 3 to 4 is really enough.

Thanks! It's bit different handling it, the absence of the focusing tab/lever is one - I'm used to with the others that have. Other than that, so far so good.

Get an MM Vince! Your top notch lenses will have a new home/partner.

I decided to put a yellow filter in front of the 90 as my default filter, in lieu of a UV filter.

I tend to use an orange on the 24, 35 and 90, and usually a yellow on the 50, mainly because the wides and tele tend to be (for me) outdoor lenses and the 50 is more an indoor lens.

I'm beginning to really like this lens! The focusing part is something I have to get used to, it's more challenging than the 50lux, but very rewarding in a way... :eek: Here's another set, all shot wide open...

L1009117_072014.jpg

L1009146_072014.jpg

L1009149_072014.jpg

L1009116_072014.jpg

L1009135_072014.jpg

L1009168_072014.jpg

[MM | 90 Summarit]

Thanks guys for the encouraging words. Is there any way to add a focusing tab/lever to the 90 Summarit? I do sometimes have my hand obstruct my viewfinder when I'm on the move.

Here's one taken the other day, new found freedom for extra working distance at 90mm... :D
L1009257_072014.jpg

Back