Documentary My wife received her Master's from PPA.

Name
Mel
Last night was the awards ceremony for the images and also to recognize those who had attained a special status as a Pro Photographer as a member of PPA. I know that this is not a college degree as pointed out by a member of the other forum and it is more than described by the poster as a merit badge for the organization. She had to have 13 Merit prints which withstood the judging of the PPA judges. She did that and had one image in the book of the best, several with other awards. She volunteered with our local professional photographer State organization, she headed a committee, taught at two local art associations and did workshops in lighting in her studio, and taught newcomers how to photograph sports so it was much more than a merit badge and while that kind of sets me off, I understand that some do not value the award of Master Photographer as much as she does.
She has her educational degrees and this is not through a University but it is an honor given to her by her fellow professionals so I will not be downed by a Debbie today. The ceremony was in Washington, DC area last night and she did not go since she was concerned about COVID, the cost of hotels, and the location during the winter hours so we stayed home. She dressed up in her formal which she would have worn to the ceremony, I put on a Tuxedo and presented her the pin that had already arrived in front of the TV ceremony. I would have done that live if the ceremony had been a normal one.
Look at that smile as all the hard work was focused on that one little pin, I am proud of her and her will to do it. I don't even need to get her a sash to wear her merit badges. She will keep it in a place of honor.
Master.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last night was the awards ceremony for the images and also to recognize those who had attained a special status as a Pro Photographer as a member of PPA. I know that this is not a college degree as pointed out by a member of the other forum and it is more than described by the poster as a merit badge for the organization. She had to have 13 Merit prints which withstood the judging of the PPA judges. She did that and had one image in the book of the best, several with other awards. She volunteered with our local professional photographer State organization, she headed a committee, taught at two local art associations and did workshops in lighting in her studio, and taught newcomers how to photograph sports so it was much more than a merit badge and while that kind of sets me off, I understand that some do not value the award of Master Photographer as much as she does.
She has her educational degrees and this is not through a University but it is an honor given to her by her fellow professionals so I will not be downed by a Debbie today. The ceremony was in Washington, DC area last night and she did not go since she was concerned about COVID, the cost of hotels, and the location during the winter hours so we stayed home. She dressed up in her formal which she would have worn to the ceremony, I put on a Tuxedo and presented her the pin that had already arrived in front of the TV ceremony. I would have done that live if the ceremony had been a normal one.
Look at that smile as all the hard work was focused on that one little pin, I am proud of her and her will to do it. I don't even need to get her a sash to wear her merit badges. She will keep it in a place of honor. View attachment 287551
Congrats to her! That's quite an achievement!

Congratulations to her, she worked hard for this. Transforming knowledge and skill through hard work into accomplishments is more important than just having a degree.

Are there links to the images, is it possible to post them?

Congratulations to her, she worked hard for this. Transforming knowledge and skill through hard work into accomplishments is more important than just having a degree.

Are there links to the images, is it possible to post them?
Here are her images. The red on porcelain was n the traveling book of best prints. The one of Cinderella is the Russian Ballet.
1475-1.jpg
Artists Lumire 2006.jpg
Bavarian Chapel 2007.jpg
Did I Miss the Boat 2007.jpg
Invisible 2008.jpg
Live_Performance_of_Cinderella_by_the_Russian_Ballet copy.jpg
Majestic Glare 2007.jpg
PPA_010.jpg
PPA_011.jpg
redonporcelain.jpg
Sunrise on History 2007.jpg
Touched By the Light 2008.jpg
Window on History 2007.jpg

Don't take offense by the term merit badge, after all it's the indicate special achievement and those images are incredible. Yes some merit badges are handed out almost like candy by the scouts for example. But others take years of hard work and dedication. You and your wife know the work and dedication that went into it, who cares what others think. I was a member of the PPA for a number of years and never had the time to go through many of their programs, wish I did at times.

And if others on other forums annoy you just tell them they're a "doll" for expressing their opinion. That is a doll as defined as an empty headed dummy. 😉

Don't take offense by the term merit badge, after all it's the indicate special achievement and those images are incredible. Yes some merit badges are handed out almost like candy by the scouts for example. But others take years of hard work and dedication. You and your wife know the work and dedication that went into it, who cares what others think. I was a member of the PPA for a number of years and never had the time to go through many of their programs, wish I did at times.

And if others on other forums annoy you just tell them they're a "doll" for expressing their opinion. That is a doll as defined as an empty headed dummy. 😉
I certainly do not wish to denigrate the work to get merit badges in scouts. I made it to Life Scout and the merit badge requirement got me at that point. I was somewhat offended by the other poster's denigration of both the hard work of my wife, the PPA, and of merit badges in general. I will remember that term, "doll." :)

Back