Fuji My X-Pro2 Review

I would bet that it's hard for you to narrow down to 12 favorites for the year.

It was quite hard to find 12 colour images, I can’t believe how little I’ve shot colour this year and how little I’ve used the fujis...

Next week’s one is black and white and that was hard to pin down to 12 favs

It was quite hard to find 12 colour images, I can’t believe how little I’ve shot colour this year and how little I’ve used the fujis...

Next week’s one is black and white and that was hard to pin down to 12 favs
Nice shots, looking forward to the black and white ones. Greetings and Merry Christmas from Indonesia.

Some top images there, just looking at them I can immediately appreciate the preparation that went into creating each image and the ensuing result.

Thank you very much. I mainly just watch, I’m very poor at see-comprehend-shoot all in one go (some people I know are great at that)

Great read with equally well done images.

The year of images you chose for this really hits home for me. When the X-Pro2 was first released, C1 didn't play as well with it's files as it should have. In a case of terrible timing. I was trying out the transition from primes to zooms. The 16-55 especially had really started to click with me. But when I changed from the X-T1 to the Pro2, my images were not looking the way that I thought they should. Instead of realizing it was an issue with C1, I blamed the zooms and went back to primes. Only then to learn that there was an issue with C1 and Pro2 files. So, I switched back to the zooms. It was, as Kyle out it, becoming like a soap opera. 2016 was the year I discovered gear whoring is one of my super powers. Having swapped back and forth with no out of pocket spending.

Great read with equally well done images.

The year of images you chose for this really hits home for me. When the X-Pro2 was first released, C1 didn't play as well with it's files as it should have. In a case of terrible timing. I was trying out the transition from primes to zooms. The 16-55 especially had really started to click with me. But when I changed from the X-T1 to the Pro2, my images were not looking the way that I thought they should. Instead of realizing it was an issue with C1, I blamed the zooms and went back to primes. Only then to learn that there was an issue with C1 and Pro2 files. So, I switched back to the zooms. It was, as Kyle out it, becoming like a soap opera. 2016 was the year I discovered gear whoring is one of my super powers. Having swapped back and forth with no out of pocket spending.

Iirc...

It took c1 so long to play nicely with the xp2

Late on initial support, then firstly no compressed raf support, then still no in-built lens correction support.

Then they got their crap together for the xt2 and finally for the xp2

Still look at them now, they’re basically giving it all away!

Last edited:
To my eye, the biggest difference is that you have rendered the files lighter in C1X than you did in SilkyPix. So I don't see a valid comparison here. Make the files the same degree of lightness/darkness in both processors and then let's see how they compare.

This post was beneficial to me because it helped me see just how good SilkyPix is, when put up against C1X. And I find it a lot easier to use.

Glad you are feeling better, Adam.

The C1 photos not only look brighter, but there is more detail, more dynamic range, and better color for the majority. There were a couple which the Silky Pix version did look better. Overall, the C1 edits were better to me. As you said, win some and lose some.

To my eye, the biggest difference is that you have rendered the files lighter in C1X than you did in SilkyPix. So I don't see a valid comparison here. Make the files the same degree of lightness/darkness in both processors and then let's see how they compare.

This post was beneficial to me because it helped me see just how good SilkyPix is, when put up against C1X. And I find it a lot easier to use.

Thanks Dave

Yes i was impressed with many of the Silkypix edits, so I’m glad that part was of benefit to you

Glad you are feeling better, Adam.

The C1 photos not only look brighter, but there is more detail, more dynamic range, and better color for the majority. There were a couple which the Silky Pix version did look better. Overall, the C1 edits were better to me. As you said, win some and lose some.

Thanks Bobby

I’m a lot better now. C1 certainly is good for free! Silkypix has a certain look to it though

Pretty sure this post shouldn't live here.... But I'm not sure where to post it!

So here will do for now!

==============

As well as my Fujifilm X-Pro blog content, I also write irregularly (very irregularly!) about street photography.

I've called this series 'Adam's Street' as it should give me the chance to write about anything.

I've done very little to publicise it (mainly I find people just want to read my camera stuff, not that I'm complaining, it's nice to be read!)

However, here's the latest part.

Adam's Street: Faces on the Street

In case it's of interest.... previous parts can be found with this search...

Thanks very much.

This is your blog thread so I agree this is fine place to put it. Of course, you are more than welcome to start a seperate thread for this part of your blog if you want it to stand alone.

Excellent set of photos. I love the use of light and shadow in them.

Back