Birds Nature is **Graphic Content - deceased bird**

gryphon1911

Hall of Famer
Name
Andrew
**warning** the image below may not be something everyone wants to see.

Any chance I get to be outside, I try. Even at work, during my break time, I head out and walk a mile.

I usually see all matter of birds typical for the central Ohio region.

On this particular day, I happened to be walking by a neighboring building connected to our parking lot and spotted this poor thing.

I usually have in my headphones and listen to music, so all I had with me was my cellphone.

I couldn't tell the cause of death, but it was far enough away from the trees in that area to lead me to believe it may have fallen victim to attack from another bird or was dumped from the nest by a parent for since reason. I've seen both in this area happen.

My thoughts are that nature just is. There is no good/bad just that it is what it is.

IMG_20190716_150514-01.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

warning the image below may not be something everyone wants to see.

Any chance I get to be outside, I try. Even at work, during my break time, I head out and walk a mile.

I usually see all matter of birds typical for the central Ohio region.

On this particular day, I happened to be walking by a neighboring building connected to our parking lot and spotted this poor thing.

I usually have in my headphones and listen to music, so all I had with me was my cellphone.

I couldn't tell the cause of death, but it was far enough away from the trees in that area to lead me to believe it may have fallen victim to attack from another bird or was dumped from the nest by a parent for since reason. I've seen both in this area happen.

My thoughts are that nature just is. There is no good/bad just that it is what it is.

View attachment 201979
Richard Dawkins refers to nature as "the grim sower".
I agree with him.
Out of every ~10,000 fertilised coral spawn, only about one will survive to become an adult coral. This is repeated ad infinitum across the natural world ...

Back