Sony Need Help for Rx-100M2 Filter Adapter Model number: VFA-49R1

Alireza Rafiaie

Well, just bought the new RX-100M2 and LOVE IT. I want to buy the filter adapter from Sony which is not that expensive. However, their filters are expensive. My question is should I invest on buying the one from Sony or some off brand ones that I have found on Ebay? I do not have experience in using the filters and not sure the quality matters. Here is the link to one from Ebay:

For Sony Cybershot RX100 52mm Adapter Tube UV CPL FDL Filter Set New | eBay

I'd say neither the expensive Sony, nor the off-brand ones. Quality certainly matters (both optical quality and multicoating to avoid flare) and I've been recommended B+W and Hoya filters in the past. If the price is making you pause, remember that 52mm is a common thread and you can use these filters for years. If your next lens has a smaller or larger thread, you can buy a step-down or step-up ring.

Thanks for your reply. Please share with me some links to which one you recommend. As I mentioned, I have no experience with filter and do not know where to begin or which one to buy.

What kind of filter are you looking for? What country are you in? If you're in the U.S., I recommend a search for Hoya and B+W on B&H or Amazon. I'm not familiar with recommend stores in other regions, but perhaps other members can chime in.

My favorite is a circular polarizing filter. It cut the glare from the windshield and added saturation and contrast in this photo:

4963699030_a98d56dbb6_z.jpg

Great. I live in the U.S. I think you answered one of my question. Polarized is for sure one kind and wondering if any other kind like UV is necessary. Many thanks again.

Back