Need help with a personal problem

Jock Elliott

Hall of Famer
It's all Andrew Cuomo's fault. Yesterday he decreed that all New Yorkers -- including folks like me in upstate New York -- must have available, or wear, a face mask or covering while out in public.

Not having a mask, I opted for a bandanna to cover my mouth and nose. I put on my hat and caught a glimpse of my reflection . . . now I'm flooded with an overwhelming urge to rob a stagecoach.

Dear Abby: What do you advise?

Cheers, Jock

Tune into the Heroes and Icons network and watch a few episodes of Steve McQueen in "Wanted, Dead or Alive".

Don't make Josh Randall have to come after you.

Rather, find a Sandbox, turn on a Fan, and pretend you are Lawrence of Arabia.

Remember the scene where Lawrence is leading the Arabs against the Germans screaming "Internal Injuries Only!" because he cannot stand the sight of blood?

I know we can all have a good laugh at this, but very soon, I'm sure we will start to see a sharp spike in ski mask armed robberies as those with nothing left to lose realize that everyone is wearing masks, banks can't stop them and police are less likely to respond.

I know we can all have a good laugh at this, but very soon, I'm sure we will start to see a sharp spike in ski mask armed robberies as those with nothing left to lose realize that everyone is wearing masks, banks can't stop them and police are less likely to respond.

Especially when you have various jurisdictions releasing convicted criminals on account of "Covid concerns."

You don't gotta be Einstein to figure this out.

Cheers, Jock

Yesterday I got sick of waiting for food deliveries and I went out to the supermarket to buy food. I had on all the required masks, gloves, etc.

A huge fight broke out with a man who refused to wear a mask and was ejected from the supermarket. He was screaming "THIS IS NOT COMMUNIST CHINA! I'M AN AMERICAN, YOU CAN'T FORCE ME TO WEAR A MASK!!"

The checkout girl refused to serve him and he was ejected by store security. Everyone in the store seemed scared and uneasy. We are in peak NYC COVID-19 epicenter.

Now I check my temperature every ten minutes and await nervously any alarming symptoms.........

Yesterday I got sick of waiting for food deliveries and I went out to the supermarket to buy food. I had on all the required masks, gloves, etc.

A huge fight broke out with a man who refused to wear a mask and was ejected from the supermarket. He was screaming "THIS IS NOT COMMUNIST CHINA! I'M AN AMERICAN, YOU CAN'T FORCE ME TO WEAR A MASK!!"

The checkout girl refused to serve him and he was ejected by store security. Everyone in the store seemed scared and uneasy. We are in peak NYC COVID-19 epicenter.

Now I check my temperature every ten minutes and await nervously any alarming symptoms.........

It’s a shame. Modern American society seems to be full of adults who act like children.

Every time there’s a government mandate, guideline or even a simple request, there’s some clown screaming “You can’t make me!”

It doesn’t matter what the reason is. It could have everything to do with public health and safety. “You can’t make me!”

Everybody wants. Everybody’s got a right. But almost no one seems to know how to be a good citizen or to take to welfare of others into consideration.

Back