Leica Need recommendations for a new mouse

CaptZoom

Veteran
It's time to upgrade my mouse to be used for Photoshop on a Mac running Lion. My total budget is $100, and I do not want a wireless mouse. I'm thinking about getting a gaming mouse; in addition to being precise, they allow for changing the resolution on the fly, the weight of the mouse can be adjusted, and they're ergonomics tend to be better.

Please recommend some mice that you find useful for photo editing.

I use a Microsoft Serial Mouse that I bought in 1986. It's very smooth, and reliable. I should look for another on Ebay. I'm used to it.

I suspect that is the key part, just one that feels personally comfortable, like using a camera.

My work requirements are increasing with heavy use of Photoshop and Illustrator; I'm finding myself doing more image creation more often than just photo editing. I know I'm heading towards a Wacom tablet, but my work requirements are not there yet.

I've considered a track ball; it can come in quite handy when using the pen tool. I've used a large Wacom tablet. I got rid of it because it was over kill for me at the time and it was large. At the time I wasn't making a living as a photographer. The smallest Wacom tablet is double my current budget. Maybe in a few months, I'll purchase a tablet. But for now, a mouse will do.

I just pulled the trigger on a Razer Deathadder 2013 edition along with a matched pad (Razer Goliathus) optimized for control. I should get it tomorrow. I'll report back after editing around hundred images, which should be a next day or two.

More product info:
Razer Deathadder:
404 Not Found
Razer Goliathus:
404 Not Found

For photoshop use, I prefer the Wacom tablet, with their wireless mouse. There are less expensive options than the intuos line, but it is worth the price. I like the medium size best.

Back