1. Welcome to Cameraderie.org—a friendly camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Featured Neighborhood Spring Time Stroll

Discussion in 'Nature' started by davect01, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Had some time before my wife got home this afternoon so I strolled around the neighborhood. Spring is in full swing here in the desert southwest

A6000 and 70-150mm Vivitar

_DSC6985.jpg

_DSC7020.jpg

_DSC7057.jpg

_DSC7054.jpg

_DSC7001.jpg

_DSC7005.jpg

_DSC7031.jpg

_DSC7038.jpg

Be careful. Things in the desert have a lot of barbs, needles and sharp edges.

_DSC7042.jpg

And they grow in the craziest places. This cactus decided that right in the middle of an Olive Tree would be an ideal place to grow

_DSC7012Close%2Bup.jpg

And bugs that like to jab you hide in plain sight
    _DSC6981.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  2. Covey22

Covey22 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Feb 3, 2012
    That Scorpion - ugh. Hazards of where one lives I suppose, but man...

3. Totally.

4. Thanks for the front page feature

5. theoldsmithy

theoldsmithy All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Cheshire, England
    Martin Connolly
    I was freaked out by scorpions in Croatia. The locals thought that was highly amusing as that particular type are almost harmless, the sting can barely break skin on a human.

6. Many of the creepy crawlies are kind of freaky when you start looking at them closely.

The ones around here in Phoenix are not gonna kill you but hurt like crazy for a day or so