Never Far From Danger

Petach

Hall of Famer
Name
Peter Tachauer
A little while ago, I published some cycle panning shots taken on London Bridge. Now, witness the murder and mayhem which took place there a few days ago!

These days we are never far from danger it seems. The odds are shortening I am sure.

I was in the Amex Building NYC when they tried to blow up the WTC next door. I was at the top of WTC with my daughter a couple of months before 9/11, I was at Westminster Bridge a couple of weeks before the terror attack there........and now this one. Randomness of fate at play? Who knows.

We must stay more alert and be more aware of our surroundings. Trouble is.....everyone has their nose stuck into a cellphone, or a tablet of some sort, and/or listening to music in their earphones. Connected world.....but isolated entirely in their immediate vicinity. But why shouldn't you expect to be able to do so?

I am certainly guilty of complacency, so for my own sake and for the sake of my family I should take more care.

So, all of you....friends......take care out there, be alert, be aware and be safe.

Pete, seems thats three times, you should be safe. I'd be staying away from crowds though.

I'd be staying away from (places visited by) Pete, if that list is anything to go by!

I kid, I kid. Do indeed be safe, everyone! Despite working in law enforcement, I try not to let it affect me living my life. One thing I do try to avoid is standing in big crowds when they all try to enter or leave a building at the same time, like in a train station... I'd rather stand back a bit and wait for the crowd to disperse. But that's as much for my own comfort as from a security point of view...

Big crowds can be dangerous places - look what happened in Turin recently (about 1,500 people were injured when a firecracker provoked a stampede in the crowd watching a live relay of the Champions League final). Scary stuff.

-R

Back