Never had to do this in the old days...

marlof

Trying to focus
Name
Marlof
This weekend I finally caught up on putting the latest firmware on my m43 stuff. Almost everything, lenses included, had an update waiting. Never had to do that with my Minolta X700....

i-nXXsrMX-L.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This weekend I finally caught up on putting the latest firmware on my m43 stuff. Almost everything, lenses included, had an update waiting. Never had to do that with my Minolta X700....

i-nXXsrMX-L.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Being able to firmware update gives makers the ability to give amazing updates without requiring you to buy new gear. Pretty neat

Sent from my SM-N920P using Photographers Lounge mobile app

Last edited:
It also allows Olympus to collect the secret spy data their cameras have been collecting.:cautious:

I've got to update the firmware on my Olympus gear. My Panasonic kit is pretty well set. Steve, does Olympus still require you to update sequentially through the firmware versions instead of including all in the latest update? That's one of the things that caused me to put off the job. And how is the Olympus firmware updater program these days?

The program works fine although I like to do the update at my office because I trust the connection more. I don't remember ever having to do sequential upgrades. That could be because I usually upgrade when I have the camera at school.

Back