Canon New 24mm f2.8 EF-S pancake

With the Canon SL1 or 100D this will make a great street photography lens, it'll be almost as compact as the Panasonic G/GH/Olympus E-M5 m43 cameras with the Panasonic 20!
(Edit: not quite but close!)

A Canon EF-S prime lens, wonders will never cease!

One of the benefits I found in moving away from Canon to APS-C and 4/3 mirrorless formats is that the new systems featured lenses designed specifically for the format. For anyone who stuck with DSLRs and found that moving from an APS-C to a 135 format camera too expensive or of minimal benefit, you were left using prime lenses designed for a larger sensor.

A Canon EF-S prime lens, wonders will never cease!

One of the benefits I found in moving away from Canon to APS-C and 4/3 mirrorless formats is that the new systems featured lenses designed specifically for the format. For anyone who stuck with DSLRs and found that moving from an APS-C to a 135 format camera too expensive or of minimal benefit, you were left using prime lenses designed for a larger sensor.

same with Nikon. If Nikon had offered something like this 2 years ago, I'd most likely still be their customer...

Back