Sony New a6000 owner

theoldsmithy

Hall of Famer
Name
Martin Connolly
As per my thread on the UK Photography Show, I now have an a6000 with the 16-50 kit lens.
I've also got an adapter to fit my old Russian Jupiter-8 50mm f2 lens so that should be fun!
First couple of test shots below. Nothing fancy but the 16-50 gets closer than I thought it would, and seems pretty sharp so far. I love the variable zoom speed!

33293011930_e1e04efc2b_b.jpg

Hellebore
by Martin Connolly, on Flickr

33636405376_8daa6391c8_b.jpg

Gromit

As per my thread on the UK Photography Show, I now have an a6000 with the 16-50 kit lens.
I've also got an adapter to fit my old Russian Jupiter-8 50mm f2 lens so that should be fun!

I nearly went for this combination a while ago, but resisted temptation.;) (I really don't need any extra kit...:eek:)

The Jupiter 8 is a great lens, IMO. There are reputedly some bad copies around (possibly DIY refurbs by people without the appropriate skills?), but if you have a good copy, it's excellent - and great value-for-money!

Let's see some examples when you bring it (the J8) into service...

I nearly went for this combination a while ago, but resisted temptation.;) (I really don't need any extra kit...:eek:)

The Jupiter 8 is a great lens, IMO. There are reputedly some bad copies around (possibly DIY refurbs by people without the appropriate skills?), but if you have a good copy, it's excellent - and great value-for-money!

Let's see some examples when you bring it (the J8) into service...
I'll also see if I can get it working on my Pentax K30. Examples from both will follow when I get a chance.

Congrats on your new Sony, Martin. I'm still having fun with my NEX-7 and some old glass here and there (I have a J8 as well). In good light/low ISO I prefer the RAW conversions from that sensor over X-Trans most of the time.

First couple of test shots below. Nothing fancy but the 16-50 gets closer than I thought it would, and seems pretty sharp so far. I love the variable zoom speed!

View attachment 124560
Hellebore by Martin Connolly, on Flickr

View attachment 124561
Gromit by Martin Connolly, on Flickr

Welcome to Sony. Have and love my A6000, one of the best deals out there

The kit lens seems pretty decent, Martin. Love that first shot. I'm just jealous of the apple blossoms, mine got stripped by a passing flock of cockatoos.
Yes, for a lens that gets routinely trashed on the internet, it's not bad at all IMHO. There is some softness on the edges on wide shots, but no worse than many other more fashionable lenses. And it's small and very light.
The English countryside is splodged with acid yellow at this time of year - the fields of oilseed rape seem to be taking over. A few years ago it was unheard of.

OK, after some hefty bills hit this month I've ditched the Pentax gear. Buying some lenses for the A6000 still left me with a decent profit, and I have a nice set of FL coverage now - 12mm Samyang, 16-50, Jupiter 50mm f/2, 55-210. I'm looking forward to our trip up to Yorkshire next week to try these out on something except the back garden!
Here's one from the Samyang:
34555407175_7699cf8d71_b.jpg

Ceanothus

and from the 55-210 (which seems like a really nice lens BTW, totally silent and very quick focussing)
33865861263_40e432a2cd_b.jpg
Geum

Getting some good work out of that Sony and various lens's Martin. Still getting to grips with mine (A6300) Like you I have the 16-50 which seems not bad at all. Those Samyangs are pretty good. I had a couple of them when I had the big Canon.

Back