new (and future) camera boredom

I wonder what they would do with a higher end Fuji? It would seem like weatherproofing wouldn't be helpful, given the lack of it on the lenses. More mpx (based on 24mpx Sony sensor)? Maybe PDAF sensors for fast AF?

Oh, the other thing I would like to see on the lower end, is a built in flash. Kind of an ILC version of the X100, but maybe with the latest 16mpx sensor. I would actually vote for the traditional filtering, just to make PP/raw conversion a little easier. It would seem like that may be enough to keep the price point lower than the X-Pro1 anyway.

You guess for a lower end Fuji ILC sounds about right and it would have the added benefit (maybe) if bringing down the price of the X100. I was trying to imagine what they might do for a MORE premium X-Pro1 and then it hit me. How do you make a more premium version of your new PRO camera without alienating your core base (and keep it from totally canibalizing its' sales)? What's the main beef about the X-Pro1? What (if any) cameras are your competition?

Perhaps they are making a Leica killer? An M-mount fully manual body. Basically a Leica, with Fuji guts (and the Fuji price tag). It wouldn't be the camera for me, but if the IQ equals (or bests) the M9 and at half the price.....? It would be interesting to say the least.

Kristen, I started out many many years ago with a Canon AE-1. But when Canon started coming out with new lenses that would not work on their older camera bodies, I switched to Nikon.

I wonder what they would do with a higher end Fuji? It would seem like weatherproofing wouldn't be helpful, given the lack of it on the lenses. More mpx (based on 24mpx Sony sensor)? Maybe PDAF sensors for fast AF?

The high end Fuji I'd like to see at Photokina would be an X200 with the Sony FF 24mp sensor that's apparently going to be used in the Nikon D600 and Sony FF SLT, and a fixed 35mm f2 lens. That would be a worthy update: a high end camera that can't directly compete with the X-pro1 (due to the fixed lens).

The high end Fuji I'd like to see at Photokina would be an X200 with the Sony FF 24mp sensor that's apparently going to be used in the Nikon D600 and Sony FF SLT, and a fixed 35mm f2 lens. That would be a worthy update: a high end camera that can't directly compete with the X-pro1 (due to the fixed lens).

Now that would be super cool!

Always interested in whats coming but fortunately my funds restrictions mean I can't any longer just buy what I want. I'm planning to sell off all my small (ie less than 1/1.7) sensor cameras, and depending on what happens at Photokina, may be in the market again, next year. I'm proud of myself that I have resisted buying more gear. Last camera purchase was the XZ last November, and the $50 50mm lens from Korea for the K-5 a couple of months ago. Many cameras interest me (X10, G1X, LX7, K-30) but none of them enough to buy. Waiting to see whats coming.

Back