Fuji New book

gazmac

Oct 10, 2013
Will the new book be available in Australia in iBook format ? The previous book was only in German in the Australian store which was odd.

gazmac

Oct 10, 2013
OK. Just bought my first Kindle book. Can I ask why no iBook in Australia ? Is it size of market not big enough for more than one electronic format ?

flysurfer

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2011
You would have to ask O'Reilly why they do not support these other markets at the iBook store, it's obviously a question of what contracts they have with Apple. However, you can get the ePub directly from O'Reilly's website, too. Or get them from Amazon (or from any other, smaller eBook store). There should also be a PDF version once rocky nook opens its own online store (probably by the end of the year).

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 12, 2010
Philly, Pa
Rico, I have a question. I bought the iBook version. At this point my tired old eyes can't read to where it's close to enjoyable. I thought it would turn into a PDF and I could read it but nope....
Is there a way to get this on my Mac or PC desktop?
Thanks in advance.....don

flysurfer

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2011
I don't think iBook works on Macs till the next OS version is out, which should be soon. However, it's pretty easy to change the font size of iBooks, so I wonder why it should be difficult to read on an iPad. I hope the publisher will also offer a PDF version.

GeoffM

Regular
Feb 12, 2013
Queensland, Australia
I'm located in Oz, bought the PDF version via the O'Reilly website yesterday. Read about 1/3 so fa,r all good and yes I have picked up a few useful tips, well worth the small investment.

flysurfer

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2011
Ah, good to hear that O'Reilly is also offering a PDF version. Many readers prefer it over ePub.

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 12, 2010
Philly, Pa
I don't think iBook works on Macs till the next OS version is out, which should be soon. However, it's pretty easy to change the font size of iBooks, so I wonder why it should be difficult to read on an iPad. I hope the publisher will also offer a PDF version.
I should have been more specific. THe iBook version is on my iPhone. I can't get it off to put on my desktop. I thought I could get the iPhone version and then transfer it to my Mac or PC.
Any ideas....?
don

jloden

All-Pro
Jun 30, 2012
Jay
I should have been more specific. THe iBook version is on my iPhone. I can't get it off to put on my desktop. I thought I could get the iPhone version and then transfer it to my Mac or PC.
Any ideas....?
don
Unfortunately iBooks won't be coming to the mac desktop for a while more yet:

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2013/06/wwdc-leftovers-now-you-can-read-ibooks-on-your-mac/

If you had a kindle version, that *does* have a desktop reader version you can share your library with, as I do that sometimes with my Macbook and iPhone/iPad.

flysurfer

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2011
Any ideas....?
don
As I said in the statement you quoted, the next MacOS version is supposed to feature an iBook reader. Till then, it's either iPad or iPhone.

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 12, 2010
Philly, Pa
Thanks fellas. I'm a little behind the times on this stuff. I'm still trying to figure out where the Tri-X goes in my XE-1.

Nice book Rico and a joy to read, maybe I'll just order the analog version.

Felix

Regular
Jul 19, 2013
Singapore
Felix Tan
Hi Rico,

I have just ordered the X-Pro1 ... so now I need your book.
Should I order the original X-Pro1 version or the new X-E1 & X-Pro1 version?

Thanks

deckitout

Regular
May 19, 2013
Hi Rico

I have just got an XE2, will the XE1 book pretty much cover this Camera or will you be updating the book for the XE2

Phil

flysurfer

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2011
I am writing a quite different book on the X-E2. The current one does in a way cover all X-Mount cameras (and even most of the X100(S) and even X20), because they are all pretty similar.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom