New camera in hand...

AzPete

Veteran
So I just bought an almost new and in super mint condition a Voigtland Bessa L with the 15mm f4.5 lens and viewfinder. This little beauty is a keeper and I'm going to have some fun using it...here's a peak at some photos I took this morning.

I will say that I took it to a cheap place for processing and scanning and I paid the price. The last photo of the firehouse was full of spots and marks...I had to work of it for over 30min to get ride of the marks...havent done that in a while. comments welcome...
Cheers, Pete

abandon_and_resized.JPG

glendale_2_resized.JPG

glendale_1_resized.JPG

glendale_fire_1.JPG

I'm not terribly concerned with WHAT you're using Pete, but the turn your photography has taken with the architectural shots you've been doing lately is WONDERFUL. You have an incredible eye for this stuff, whether you're shooting with a cell phone or a Nikon full frame or a cool Voightlander film camera. Just great shooting.

-Ray

The percieved holy grail of architectural photography is often touted as the ability to remove perspective distortion through the use of super-expensive tilt-shift lenses, but I find that architectural shots that creatively use perspective and converging lines to be far more striking.

Nice work!

thanks all

Thanks everyone for your nice response. I used Ilford 400 and some fuji color print film 400 asa. Here's a shot of the camera...a beauty. sorry for the crapy pic....cell phone job. It's funny now when I think of it, I bought the 400 film thinking I could have a smaller f stop as the lens is an f4.5 but with the sunny day I had yesterday its was way more than I needed. Should have tried a slower film.... need to change my thinking abit... still happy with it. thanks again.

voig_bessa_L_resized1.JPG

Back