Announcement New "Camera Lenses" Forum

Kevin

Code Monkey 🐒
Visitors tonight may have noticed a slight shuffling of a couple of forums and, after some deliberation, the result was the new "Camera Lenses" forum.

The new forum is meant for any kind of talk about lens gear that does not fit in elsewhere. Talking about a Canon EF lens on an Canon body? You likely want the Canon forum. But, and this is what started the conversation, what about a Leica-M lens adapted to an L-mount on a Panasonic body? 🤔

Any misc. lens related gear talk, like filters, can into the new forum as well instead of the generic 'Other Gear' forum. The existing threads from the 'Manual Lens' forum have been given a new "Manual" prefix.

Let us know if you have suggestions for any new prefixes that should be added for the new forum or if you know of any threads that would be a good fit to be moved.

Thanks 😎

Let's see what happens. I will be adapting lenses on a foreign host body more in the future, but I am not sure if I'd put a discussion of "Nikkors on Panasonic" in the newly renamed Camera Lenses forum. Then again, it's a clear choice if I were to make a "Leica vs Nikon on Panasonic S1" thread then this new place would be it!

Let's see what happens. I will be adapting lenses on a foreign host body more in the future, but I am not sure if I'd put a discussion of "Nikkors on Panasonic" in the newly renamed Camera Lenses forum. Then again, it's a clear choice if I were to make a "Leica vs Nikon on Panasonic S1" thread then this new place would be it!
There's no hard set rules. 👍

It was brought up to the mods team about creating a dedicated L-mount forum which led to a train of though about is a dedicated forum really needed or maybe add "L-mount" as a prefix. The idea of a prefix then brings up the question about where it'd be used since Leica started the platform but has since been spun off to its own format also used by Sigma and Panasonic. For now at least it seemed to make sense to have a general 'lens' forum for the folks who mix & match gear and there wasn't already a natural spot to post.

Back