New Camera News: Latest Stories

Thought that some of you might be interested in some of the latest stories from the New Camera News newsdesk. Enjoy!

New Photographer Bullied Repeatedly Over Head with Rule of Thirds

Daughter, with iPhone, takes better photos than father, with Nikon D800

And since everyone else is doing it...

New Camera News 2013 Camera of the Year

Note from Amin: Great stuff, John. Highly recommended reading!

Thought that some of you might be interested in some of the latest stories from the New Camera News newsdesk. Enjoy!

New Photographer Bullied Repeatedly Over Head with Rule of Thirds

No mention of a photographic high priest preaching the Gospel of the Golden Ratio? I am disappoint. :tongue:

And since everyone else is doing it...

New Camera News 2013 Camera of the Year

"It’s an enigma wrapped in a heritage brand wrapped in shame."

Dude, that's :hail:

Camera of the year is the Ricoh GR. It ended the quest for the perfect pocket camera. It can`t get any better than that.

What fun!

Obviously this person drank the bong water, visited a few photo forums, consulted the Honest Book of Real Truth, and sat down to write.

He or she is the Patrick McManus of photography. Well done!

Cheers, Jock

Thanks for the bump Amin and all the positive feedback folks! I'm really having putting the site together and writing and photoshopping stuff. Look out for more soon; there are a lot of sacred cows of photography that need slaying lol.

Don't mention slaying of any cows, unless it's purely figurative John - or Mark will be down on you in a flash.;)

There are several lines that made laugh out loud:

"lots of fiddly manual controls that men of a certain age like to fondle. "

"But really, it’s as if someone took a really good BMW sedan and dressed it up to look like a car from Downton Abbey. "

" this camera has the heart of a 2012 Sony wrapped in a body that looks like Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus got drunk, did some twerking and whatnot, and then threw up."

Whew, time to wipe my eyes and see if I can stop giggling. . .

Cheers, Jock

Sorry, viewing this over app, so I don't have the exact web address, but look for the article from the same website entitled "Local man buys new lens for camera, becomes awesome photographer overnight" Big shout-out to mu-43.com! Wow Amin, didn't realize your website is one of the biggies now. :)

Edit: I think I got it

Back