Fuji New Firmware for cameras and lenses

I really hope it resolves the poor autofocus accuracy on those two lenses. I have never seen a more unreliable autofocus lens than the 10-24 - it's even worse than shooting with a DSLR. You look at the focus DOF indicator and it shows you a different distance almost every time you try to focus on the same subject. The 18-55 is somehow similar at smaller apertures, and I cannot figure out why Fuji has done nothing to make them more reliable. Always wondered if, to achieve a faster focussing speed, they have sacrificed accuracy by loosening up the "tolerances" for acquired focus.
So many times I just give up on the AF and go full manual - however the peaking *SUCKS* on my X-T2. I mean, even my S8+ has better focus peaking. Even my 3 years old Olympus E-M1 blows my X-T2 out of the water when it comes to peaking and focus accuracy. And I am even going to waste words on the split image thingy... it would only be curses anyway.
We get a class leading EVF, then they are not capable of using it properly for improving manual focus accuracy. It is just mind boggling.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope it resolves the poor autofocus accuracy on those two lenses. I have never seen a more unreliable autofocus lens than the 10-24 - it's even worse than shooting with a DSLR.*snip*

Having the X-T20 and this lens for a few months now I thought the out-of-focus images was user error..
Side-stepping from m4/3 the Fuji adventure has been a little disappointing so far. I'll give it a year and then see what I'll decide.

Back