Leica New Firmware for M series cameras, mostly adding new lenses

For the M9, M Monochrom- Mostly to add recently introduced lenses.
Yes, some "underexposing" bug corrected when using flash, Thambar 90 and Nocti 75 included and..... a Summilux-M 90/1.5 hidden in the firmware ¡¡!!

And this matches with what Peter Karbe has said, 90/1.5=60mm exactly the same as the Nocti, as Peter Karbe pointed, "diameter of the entrance pupil – in other words the ratio between focal length and aperture – should not exceed 60mm in order to facilitate the operation of the rangefinder".

I still keep my M9 at 1.176- the last version that did not get too paranoid about batteries. I don't have the newer lenses, so did not upgrade.

I still keep my M9 at 1.176- the last version that did not get too paranoid about batteries. I don't have the newer lenses, so did not upgrade.

I notice my M9 isn't as happy starting up with non-Leica batteries. Was the update after 1.176 partially responsible for that?

Yes- the later updates "talk" to the battery to determine remaining charge. Third party batteries often don't speak the language.

Has anyone discovered a source of coded third party batteries for the M9?

I've bought many on eBay, included a couple that claimed to be coded, but they were not. I have yet to discover a source.

Brian: My (M9) Monochrom has version 1.010 firmware. That version was release in April 2016. I believe that's what it came back from NJ with after my sensor replacement. Is that the equivalent of the M9 1.176? I have several third party batteries, and so far, no trouble.

--Peter

Brian: My (M9) Monochrom has version 1.010 firmware. That version was release in April 2016. I believe that's what it came back from NJ with after my sensor replacement. Is that the equivalent of the M9 1.176? I have several third party batteries, and so far, no trouble.
--Peter
1.010 firmware in your MM was the firmware not available for the public, just installed in factory with the new sensor (new light transmission coefficient and glass data -probably a BG55 from Schott-). The equivalent in the M9 was the 1.204 .

My M Monochrom back from NJ with the new sensor has 1.016. I'm fairly certain that the new sensor has BG-55, was part of the ONSEMI part number listed on the site "for a while", since removed. No datasheet available for the KAF-18500, but I downloaded it before being removed.

Back