Feedback New forum option for lazy loading images

Amin

Hall of Famer
I wanted to call attention to a new user option which you can find in your account preferences:

https://www.seriouscompacts.com/account/preferences

Enabling lazy loading of images may be helpful if you have a slow internet connection or limited data plan. By default, all images for a given thread page are loaded when the page loads.

With lazy loading, the images aren't loaded until they are about to enter the visible part of the screen. This saves you from using data to load an image that you are not going to view.

We experimented with lazy loading in the past. Some liked it, others not. Now it is an optional setting, so everyone can choose for themself.

I also encourage everyone to look at all the options on that preferences page. There's some cool stuff there you may have missed!

Let me know if you have any questions or comments!

I think lazy loading is going to be a win for most members, so I went ahead and made it enabled by default.

If you don't like lazy loading (it can cause page stuttering or incorrect page location after clicking on links), you can change the setting to "No" at any time.

Back