Fuji New forum option - limit images to 800px

Amin

Hall of Famer
I just set up a new forum option that lets you limit the size at which images display in the forums to about 800px maximum. This reduces file sizes and thus speeds up the forums if you have a slow connection. It can also save some expense for those on a limited data plan.

In addition, enabling this limit will convert the image format on frequently viewed pages to webp for browsers which support that (most do). This reduces file sizes even further.

You can change (enable or disable) the setting any time here: https://www.fujixspot.com/account/preferences

This setting has no effect on how large your images will display for others. It only affects your own viewing experience.

Regardless of your viewing settings, please continue to upload large images so that those on fast internet connections can continue to view them that way!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just changed the resizing algorithm to a higher quality one so that the 800px images look both cleaner and sharper than they did up until now.

Unfortunately I had to remove this option. Setting preferences this way was causing the usual image upload process to stop working. I'll see if I can figure something out, but for now I have removed it.

Back