Fuji New from outside Boston, MA

Hey David, I'm not a regular over here, but I have to say I'm enjoying the XE1 w/18-55 that I got from Luke. It's not the fastest focusing thing, but the controls are delightful and the output is very good, but I'm a non-pro, and I'm tired of post production, so I find the Fuji's metering and colors combined with an outstanding kit lens to be very close to what I could get out of my Canon 6D, and better than what I got from m43. The only thing I miss is fast focus and maybe a few more affordable lens choices.

Hello WT21, a familiar face ( ? ). Are you completely shifted over from m4/3? It's been a little while since I posted in any of your threads over that but I seem to remember reading a lot of the stuff you posted. And don't think pros like to post process, we REALLY don't. I have about 5k images I'm working on now. :(

I'm looking at replacing the GX1 with an E-P5 or the whole m4/3 kit with one based on the X-M1/X-A1. GX1 + LVF-2 with Pan 14mm/14-140/Oly 14-42 is what I have and I like the combo. Small light prime, general small zoom, and travel zoom (though a 24-120 FX eq would be better). So I guess I could start with the 16-50 and 50-230 deal this month and add the 27mm. Then maybe upgrade the 50-230 for the 18-135 when it comes out. I just about have the cash to trade the GX1 + Viewfinder for the E-P5. I'll have to sell the others to go for the Fuji kit, though they should not be too hard to sell.

I'd love your thoughs on the differences. This is a sample of the stuff I shoot with the m4/3 system: m4/3 sample stuff

Hi David,

Yeah, I left m43 altogether. I've got an XE1, NEX6 and an RX100.

I like the Fuji color and controls. It's a fun camera to shoot.

I miss the m43 size and lens choices, but I just never got comfortable with the OOC colors and saturation. It might all just be personal, but I find the Fuji and NEX6 more to my liking. I shot an event recently with the Fuji and NEX6. It's an event I shot last year with a Canon 6D. Though the AF was far more finicky, the output was strikingly similar to the Canon 6D. I never felt that way with my m43 gear.

Back