Fuji New Fuijfilm gear ...

Fujifilm has just announced their next event for September 8th in New York City. It will pretty much feature the higher resolution, non-stacked X2H and maybe the new lenses which only got briefly mentioned at the last event. Who knows, maybe there will also be something like an X-T5, but I sort of doubt it.
No luck on the XT5:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, as anyone else, since even teasing an X-T5 would remove some traction and focus away from that high-res X-H2. Yet it still feels some sort of a let down:
They are celebrating the 10th anniversary of the X-System this year and none of the traditional models, be it X-Pro, X-T or X100, got even a mention of a new model. Sure the X-T4 is also fairly recent and the X-Pro3 is still sort of without any real competition for what it is and the X100V seems to be still selling like hot cakes, so there are no reasons to rush out predecessors of those models. Although I am not interested in buying the X-H2, I'm still curious if they just keep the identical body of the X-H2s and just swap the sensor or if it will feature a slightly different body design or control layout.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, as anyone else, since even teasing an X-T5 would remove some traction and focus away from that high-res X-H2. Yet it still feels some sort of a let down:
They are celebrating the 10th anniversary of the X-System this year and none of the traditional models, be it X-Pro, X-T or X100, got even a mention of a new model. Sure the X-T4 is also fairly recent and the X-Pro3 is still sort of without any real competition for what it is and the X100V seems to be still selling like hot cakes, so there are no reasons to rush out predecessors of those models. Although I am not interested in buying the X-H2, I'm still curious if they just keep the identical body of the X-H2s and just swap the sensor or if it will feature a slightly different body design or control layout.
My impression from what I've read is that the bodies are essentially identical.

Back