Fuji New Fuji camera?

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Real Name
Steve
Same size of EM5 III plus the grip:
Compare camera dimensions side by side
Maybe they want to attract the Oly users:)

Smaller IBIS might not be as effective as XT4...
I’m sure they are going after Olympus users. There is bound to be some migration away from mu43 and Fuji is a definite option. The biggest potential barrier is how they feel about the X Trans sensor look.

Last edited:

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Real Name
Steve
Let me add that I certainly don't think going after mu43 users is their only goal. I think the control design implies they are going after everyone who is looking into APS-C as an option. I think some Fuji users often forget that lots of modern photographers like the control wheel configuration and Fuji would be more than happy to take their money as well.

mike3996

Hall of Famer
X-S10, if so configurable, does appeal to me in one way as opposed to other Fuji X series of cameras:

In M mode supposedly the two unlabeled dials can be set to ISO and shutter speed. Something like Leica SL doesn't allow this (literally a dealbreaker 😎) but Fuji probably does.

So far so good. Now how this schema differs from the previous models is how the shutter speed dial could in theory operate in full stops, half stops, third stops.

Blammo, immediately a nicer interface to full manual shooters than what any X-Pro or X-T camera has previously offered.

I would still prefer to see the original direct dials but with the shutter speed having clicky third stops.

Last edited:

tonyturley

Legend
Real Name
Tony
I would still prefer to see the original direct dials but with the shutter speed having clicky third stops.
My X-T2 does have that ability, of a sort. After selecting a SS with the lockable dial, one can tweak the SS two clicks in either direction using the thumb wheel. The amount of increase/decrease per click is based on what is on the SS dial; for instance, the 1/60 setting can be tweaked between 1/40 and 1/100.

mike3996

Hall of Famer
My X-T2 does have that ability, of a sort. After selecting a SS with the lockable dial, one can tweak the SS two clicks in either direction using the thumb wheel. The amount of increase/decrease per click is based on what is on the SS dial; for instance, the 1/60 setting can be tweaked between 1/40 and 1/100.
Yeah I know. Just doesn't feel like the real thing :(

Latest threads

Top Bottom