Fuji New Fuji camera?

Gotta think this will merge the two mid-range lines - negating the need for an XT40 or XE4.

Doesn’t make sense to have so many offerings - XH, XTx, XTx0x, XTx00x, XProx, XEx, XA, and now XSx0. That’s a lot to manage for a small company and it will confuse buyers.
Good point. Since I got out of the Fuji system after the Xpro1 and X100s, they have released a dizzying array of cameras.
I would be interested if they released a FF fixed focal length offering to undercut the cost of a Leica Q.

So it’s kind of the size of the xt30. Curiouser and curiouser.

Pics leaked:

Looks very ergonomic, but definitely a departure from the traditional Fuji layout - customizable dials and custom settings (4 is nice).

Should be a popular camera for travelers and those wanting an affordable hybrid.

Some folks are going nuts over this, but this is very much a modern layout. I'm reminded of many mu43 cameras. This seems like a nice functional camera, but, as Craig mentioned, it's not a traditional Fuji old-school controls approach. I think it's fine for Fuji to offer alternatives, especially with some of the mu43 guys looking for alternatives with IBIS. For me, I like Fuji for their build quality, the look of the X-Trans sensor, and the lenses. I might actually prefer this camera. Damn it.

Last edited:
I noticed the new article over on FujiRumors with more specs. The comments are generally positive. It does seem like a nice body for $999 initial price. There are always a few that get strangely indignant that this is not everything they want for half the price. I still find it odd to have this and the XT30 in the same price range. Maybe Fuji wants to see which sells better.

Gotta think this will merge the two mid-range lines - negating the need for an XT40 or XE4.

Doesn’t make sense to have so many offerings - XH, XTx, XTx0x, XTx00x, XProx, XEx, XA, and now XSx0. That’s a lot to manage for a small company and it will confuse buyers.
Agreed that there are too many. But this seems more like an X-T#0 and X-T#00 merge than X-T#0 and X-E# merge. The next one should be an X-A# and X-E# merge. If they just eliminate the X-E line than they go from the X-Pro to X-A?

I have to admit this and the rumored 70-300 are interesting.

Back