New guy with a serious compact! :)

IVN

Veteran
Hi guys,

I'm the new guy with a Nikon V1 and N1 lenses. I've been shooting analogue for many years before lacklusterly switching ("part time") to DSLRs and going full digital with the N1 system some 9 months ago. This is the first digital camera that I feel is small and fast enough to make me no longer want to use my SLRs and Contax G1. I'm used to the form factor of the Nikon F3 and Contax G1, and thus I've had a hard time getting used to "huge" APSC-DSLRs. Where I come from "full frame" cameras are tiny. ;)

Can't wait to get to know you all!

Regards,
Ivan

Welcome,

I sort of traveled the same road, although I'm sure the detours along the way, were quite different. At this point, the pace has slowed down almost to stop, gear wise. E-p3 and a couple MF lenses, gets the job done, Though, I plan another AF in to not too distant future. Enjoying my own comfortable photography style and pace.

Beware, The tendency for chronic GAS, that is so prevalent on these forums! :)

Thank you all for the warm welcome and kind words! :)
Welcome,

I sort of traveled the same road, although I'm sure the detours along the way, were quite different. At this point, the pace has slowed down almost to stop, gear wise. E-p3 and a couple MF lenses, gets the job done, Though, I plan another AF in to not too distant future. Enjoying my own comfortable photography style and pace.

Beware, The tendency for chronic GAS, that is so prevalent on these forums! :)
Well, what can I say, I've had serious GAS, but I've gotten over it. In my analogue phase I used to buy a "new" (used, really) camera every other month. Since I've gotten the V1, I have only bought the Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 and two cheap C-Mount lenses, which cost me well under 100 bucks. I'm still waiting for those to arrive. That's like 250 bucks in 9 months. Not bad. :)

Welcome, Ivan. You've quite a history in photography!
Have a good time here. Looking forward to your photos.
Peter

G'day and welcome to the good ship Serious Compacts
Well, what can I say, I've had serious GAS, but I've gotten over it.
Not sure you know what you've boarded though, as some passengers on here might not help you much with the motion sickness (a.k.a GAS) ;)

Thank you all! I'm also active on the DPreview N1 forum, and I must say, SC is much better, with far less arguing and bickering, as far as I can tell. You folks seem like a kind spirited bunch. :)

Back