New here from POTN

CameraMan

Hey all. I'm moving here from POTN since it will be shutting down here within a matter of weeks.

I personally stepped back from photography in 2015 for personal reasons. I used to do photography full time as my main source of income. But with the rising cost of health care, I needed to find a 'REAL' job. Hence, my departure from being a photographer. I miss it. I miss it a LOT!!! I'd love to get back into it as a hobby but time restraints don't allow me to do this. So, unfortunately, I had to step away from the fun aspect of photography. Just grabbing the camera and heading out somewhere to shoot photos of anything is what I used to love to do. Now that's getting harder and harder to do with gas prices and whatnot.

I do want to get back into just random photography itself as sort of a getaway from my life from time to time. I think that could be very therapeutic. It always has been for me.

But, I'm happy to be here and I hope I have some new stuff to contribute here really soon.

Hey all. I'm moving here from POTN since it will be shutting down here within a matter of weeks.

I personally stepped back from photography in 2015 for personal reasons. I used to do photography full time as my main source of income. But with the rising cost of health care, I needed to find a 'REAL' job. Hence, my departure from being a photographer. I miss it. I miss it a LOT!!! I'd love to get back into it as a hobby but time restraints don't allow me to do this. So, unfortunately, I had to step away from the fun aspect of photography. Just grabbing the camera and heading out somewhere to shoot photos of anything is what I used to love to do. Now that's getting harder and harder to do with gas prices and whatnot.

I do want to get back into just random photography itself as sort of a getaway from my life from time to time. I think that could be very therapeutic. It always has been for me.

But, I'm happy to be here and I hope I have some new stuff to contribute here really soon.
Welcome. We do all sorts here so shoot and post away at your leisure.

Photography is a both sides of the brain activity- a real balancer in life. Scary to think what I would lapse into if not for it. I'd Tron out.

Welcome to this intriguing collection of disparate human beings who all use and appreciate cameras...and the images we can create with them. I personally think that 'random photography' (and I think I have my own interpretation of what that means though I'm not exactly sure what it is, or whether it changes from day to day) may be the best kind.

Looking forwards to seeing some of your photographs :)

Back