Fuji New high end pro body in the future?

It's pretty obvious that there's room for a "professional" model above the X-T2. After all, the DSLR design will be pretty much obsolete after the Tokyo Olympics, which means that mirrorless manufactures need to have actual and convincing alternatives in place by then.

Personally, I'd welcome a "pro" APS-C camera even one generation earlier (aka before we migrate to the global shutter and leave the age of the mirror behind us). I'm also pretty sure that I'm not alone with this opinion. I can't imagine costing it 5K, though. That sounds a bit too steep. I see room in the 2K-3K price band, though.

My speculation on the $5k price is someone putting it comparative to the Canon and Nikon top bodies. I agree that somewhere in the $2k-$3k range is more realistic. $5k puts it too close the the medium format body.

$3k-$4k wouldn't surprise me since the X-T2 + grip is about $2k. But I don't see $4k-$5k being out of the range either. Sure $5k might be close to something like the price of the GFX. But you have to figure glass as well. The X mount 50mm eq is ~$600 for the f/1.4, but the eq G mount is ~$1500 for the f/2.8.

Basically, it would have to be in the vicinity of the D500. If is actually happens. A Pro version of the X-T2 has been a discussion topic for quite some time (obviously), but that doesn't mean that it's really going to happen any time soon.

Basically, it would have to be in the vicinity of the D500. If is actually happens. A Pro version of the X-T2 has been a discussion topic for quite some time (obviously), but that doesn't mean that it's really going to happen any time soon.
I was thinking above the D500 since I've seen so many comparisons between the X-T2 and D500 already.

I suspect that there are other priorities...

I have no doubt that there are other priorities. But this is necessary to gain professional sports and outdoor photographers. As well as more of the event photographer segment. Having a strong Fuji presence at the Olympics and professional sporting events would be a big step.

Maybe especially if it's the DX format. A lot of sports shooters like APS-C and that's a major reason Nikon pitches the D500 for sports.
Sports, but maybe wildlife even more.
Nikon seems to be be far behind on mirrorless cameras.
Yes and no. IMHO if they has started with or switch sooner to the 20mp 1" Sony chip; release more primes and a reasonably faster zoom (constant f/4 or f/2.8-4.0); AND not priced them like they were hand made Leica's they might have had something. They had on sensor Phase AF from the start in 2011 and you could use any Nikon G lens with AF and VR thanks to the adapter.

Sadly they didn't release enough glass and did out price the market.

Yeah, Nikon jumped the shark on mirrorless. Canon is rumored to be developing a higher featured mirrorless body with one of their full frame sensors.

Sports, but maybe wildlife even more.

Yes and no. IMHO if they has started with or switch sooner to the 20mp 1" Sony chip; release more primes and a reasonably faster zoom (constant f/4 or f/2.8-4.0); AND not priced them like they were hand made Leica's they might have had something. They had on sensor Phase AF from the start in 2011 and you could use any Nikon G lens with AF and VR thanks to the adapter.

Sadly they didn't release enough glass and did out price the market.
My friend has a V2. It's a nice like body and seems fun to use. The AF is really fast but the output is disappointing compare to the RX100 family.

Back