New iPad 3

(Note: this reply composed on...my iPad, of course!)

LOL :)

re the Safari crashes... I never had any on my iPad1 that I can recall, in all the upgrades to 5.0.1 which is where I sold it. I've not heard from the fellow I sold to that there have been any issues with it for him... I would suspect the low memory (256mb was really never enough), which was what I had issues with and as soon as I would get a warning I would reboot, there was no alternative. In my case, other apps would crash if trying to push beyond that.

I had previously bought iCabmobile and atomicbrowser (both because at the time Safari didnt have tabs in its mobile version) and this time on the new iPad, I find I am using iCabmobile most of the time. The difference between the 1 and the 3 is like night and day, trust me, you'll love it.

After looking on the net last night at ipad spec and thinking of what i wanted to use the tablet for i decided to get the asus EeePad transformer instead. I was thinking of just replacing the laptop!! The EeePad does all and more than the ipad for me. I looked at the new iPad display and although good it was hardly any different to the iPad 2 to my eyes. With the EeePad i get the best of both worlds, a brilliant tablet and a keyboard for when i'm at home plus 2xUSB and an SD card slot....and also a Micro SD slot for extra storage. Sweeet!!

I have only two things to say...

1) :eek:

2) *If* I had gone android... The Asus is exactly what I would have got. I had looked at it many times over the past few months, especially since selling my first iPad, but I find its too much of a hassle managing Android with a mac (buy MarkSpace's Missing Sync, or use Doubletwist), or go Windows. No chance of that.

Here's a video in case you're interested: its just about the benchmarking of the two.
new iPad (iPad 3) A5X CPU vs ASUS Transformer Prime Tegra 3 CPU - YouTube

Have fun with your new baby :)

Back before tablets...way back....I had a netbook made by Asus: an EEEEE something or other.Dreadful little machine; hopefully, they've upped their game since moving into tablets.

Sue, I probably overwhelmed my iPad 1 with apps. Lots of photography, mapping, GPS, tides, etc. Somewhere in that mix are some resource hogs that trip up OS at the most inconvenient times. I'll load them all on the new iPad and hope for the best (this assumes I'll be able to sneak a new one into the house without detection....)

Back before tablets...way back....I had a netbook made by Asus: an EEEEE something or other.Dreadful little machine; hopefully, they've upped their game since moving into tablets.

I still have one, a 1001HA with a 10" screen. It came with Windows7 Starter, (which is crippled to heck). I have currently got Windows 7 Ultimate on it because I want to run some diabetes software (it runs well). I plan to reinstall (and dual boot with) Ubuntu 11.11, which also runs really well on it. with the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had explored further and noted that they also have a 12" netbook... that would have been better than perfect.

Sue, I probably overwhelmed my iPad 1 with apps. Lots of photography, mapping, GPS, tides, etc. Somewhere in that mix are some resource hogs that trip up OS at the most inconvenient times. I'll load them all on the new iPad and hope for the best (this assumes I'll be able to sneak a new one into the house without detection....)

Probably... you'll find the new one a blast, after the 1.

I have only two things to say...

1) :eek:

2) *If* I had gone android... The Asus is exactly what I would have got. I had looked at it many times over the past few months, especially since selling my first iPad, but I find its too much of a hassle managing Android with a mac (buy MarkSpace's Missing Sync, or use Doubletwist), or go Windows. No chance of that.

Here's a video in case you're interested: its just about the benchmarking of the two.
new iPad (iPad 3) A5X CPU vs ASUS Transformer Prime Tegra 3 CPU - YouTube

Have fun with your new baby :)
I will thanks. :)

After spending most of yesterday with it I must say it's a neat little machine. It's more like having a proper laptop but with the benefit of a removable tablet. I can manage files much easier too just like normal. There are plenty of apps to play with and the screen is superb. The touch screen 'motion' is not as good as the iPad but it wins in so many other ways. I'm going to get a 32gb micro SD card from work today so that will expand the memory to 48gb, not to shabby eh!

So I was kidding earlier about Apple sending me subtle encouragements to upgrade by making Safari crash on my iPad 1 more and more frequently, even with the latest and greatest OS upgrade.

As fate would have it, just a few minutes ago, my iPad 1 just died completely. It simply won't turn on. More hints from Apple eh?

So I was kidding earlier about Apple sending me subtle encouragements to upgrade by making Safari crash on my iPad 1 more and more frequently, even with the latest and greatest OS upgrade.

As fate would have it, just a few minutes ago, my iPad 1 just died completely. It simply won't turn on. More hints from Apple eh?

Nooo, Just take it back to the Apple Store. They will either fix, or replace it at a much cheaper cost than buying new. Then, you can sell it and get a new one :) Unless you had Applecare and its still active, in which case you'll get a new one, and if they dont have any ipad1s (which I'm sure they do) you'll get a 2 :)

Back